home cinema to tv

spike24

Inactive User
Reaction score
can someone please advise me how to connect my samsung HT-XQ100 to my samsung tv.i had it hooked up to my sky box but i had to use the red and white audio cables from sky box to system,i have disconnected with sky and have gone with virgin media and have a v+box,i have a hdmi that goes straight from home cinema to hdmi on tv,my v+box at the minute is on hdmi 3 which i am going to change to hdmi 1 when i take sky box out,i have optical cable from home cinema to tv but i dont know how to connect it to my v+box any help thanks

The TV should be able to output the sound from the V+ box down the optical cable. In fact my parents have their BT Vision box connected to their 4-series Samsung TV via HDMI, which then outputs via optical to a Pioneer VSX-C402.

As little says, you don't need to connect the virgin box to the amp. The TV should pass through the HDMI's 5.1 audio to the optical out connection.

none of the above work,my hone cinema is connected by hdmi straight to the tv,my optical cable goes from the tv to my v+box which is hdmi lead to tv,i have had to use red and white audio leads that go from the home cinema to the tv to get the sound through,surely i have no need to use these leads.

The optical connection on the TV is an output not an input...

If you don't use the tuner in the TV connect the optical out on the V+ directly to the optical input on the HT-XQ100.

If you do use the TV's freeview/freesat tuner, connect the TV to the HT-XQ100 via optical and it should pass through the sound feed from your V+ sent over HDMI.

No I don't use the tuner on the tv,if I do this will this take away the need for the use of the audio cables

I'm not 100% certain but there may be a menu option that you have to change if you are going to use the optical out on the V+ box.

Back