Home brewing beer

Pesho77

Reaction score
Ive been home brewing beer for 15 year now, ive a 100Ltr kit, the 3 burners are controlled by a BSC 460.

What type of gas valve are you using to control the burners, and are you finding my hysteresis in that controller?
I was thinking about using an mini PLC with a HMI, that way I could build my own control strategy and multivariable loops.

the burner controllers are Honeywells, the bsc460 runs fine there a bit expensive but once set up there fine, they have temp settings + multiple timers so can be set pretty much any way you want to run one, I run a rims setup with the MLT temp probe in the rims tube,
Then I use a couple of these
Access Denied

to control flow rates in to the mash tun (from hlt) and in to the BK (from the MLT). one is also set with a toggle switch so I can use it for hlt - mlt and my rims.

Pesh

- - - Updated - - -

Ohhh I should add that I was trying to run the whole set up from Arduino and the bsc460, but I cant get any consistency from the Arduino, if I got this to work it would have been fully autonomous with auto valves controlling the flow.

Pesh

Reactions: MH
If I was starting from scratch again, id buy a grain father tbh.

Back