Home Beta Invites

deedie

DW Regular
Reaction score
anybody get one.

the invites were sent last night. if u havent checked your email, have a look, you might have one.

invites were choosen at random. and further random invites will be sent over the coming weeks.

i didnt get a invite either :(

its a 3d world for playstation

Comparing HOME with second life doesnt really work as second life is a user built enviroment not controlled at all by its developers (unless illegal activity is detected) ,the ability to create skins ,clothes and shops to sell them in surely wont be possible in home, another feature of sl is the ability to stream your music collection to hundreds of people in a club using broadcast software and a server stream thus becoming a dj earning real cash and renting land, shop units etc
users have developed weapons of all kinds and gangs exist with hundreds of members controlling clubs and whole towns although you have the ability to stop weapon damage on your own land should you choose but many arguments in gangland clubs turn into amusing fights with avatars bieng blasted out of world and being forced to relog which is very annoying for the victim as on busy nights it can mean the land parcel is full so they cannot exact revenge anyway i will have a look at it but it seems to me it will just be sims online and that i am afraid is not at all like second life

I got mine, its quite good not much to do at the moment apart from game trailers and bowling but hopefully it will get better the further into the beta i get.

Back