home 200 not updating to new firmware

L

LincCracker3

hi folks
i have a pre update home 200 that was running a 120 mac till a couple of days ago . with all the talk of forced updates i thought i'd connect up my max232 and have a look around on it and i found a setting to turn off software provisioned upgrades as specified in config file after doing this and looking at log again it does not show any sign of d/l of incompatable image
so i thought i'd put a 200 mac back on it to see if it would take the update and it's been on for two and a half days and still no NTSMELL logo or flashing lights

also found a few commands for changing the serial numbers for those of you who still believe they can have something to do with update

here is what i typed and yes it is ALL CASE SENSITIVE

cd non-vol
cd snmp
docsDevSwAdminStatus 3
write
cd \
reset

also for those that think ntl look for serial numbers

cd non-vol
cd vendor
serialno **:**:**:**:**:** (PUT YOUR MAC ADDY IN HERE)
write
cd \
reset

cd non-vol
cd snmp
docsDevSerialNumber **:**:**:**:**:** (PUT YOUR MAC ADDY IN HERE)
write
cd \
reset

try it all at your own risk and don't blame me if it doesn't work on yours cos it has on mine

I have just done the "docsDevSwAdminStatus 3" on a spare 200 modem I have.
Will monitor and keep you updated.

I tried this today with the 200 modem and a 2 meg mac.
Instead of USB and ENET link dropping out, the modem lost connection after about 20 minutes, with the rdy LED flashing. Tried it again with a 1 meg mac and got the same result.
Couldn't log in hyper terminal, my laptop needs to be sorted out.

i don't know then m8 i just got in now and mine is still goin strong with a 3meg 200 mac installed
am gonna put a 3meg 120 mac on it next see if i can get it to mess up

192.168.100.1 if its an ntl logo at top and a red tamper warning at bottom its been updated

well it's beenanother day and my 200 is still goin strong . put a 120 mac on it yesterday to try and make it fail but hassn't
next step i'm gonna put a sb4100 2meg on it

rutters said:
so if it's been updated is that it?

cheers

Well it means its flashing time, and youll need a willem to reprogam the mx chip with a preupdate dump. 48 pin surface mount chip need removed, If your asking this question then you need to know alot more before buying anything to do it.

Its not really worth all the shit uve to do, ive got a 200 with the flashy lights :(

Rite so to stop this in the future, only use 200 macs on 200 modems, do I still need to put the no update commands onto the modem?? Also put the info linecracker has posted aswell to try n stop it updatin?

vintyd said:
Its not really worth all the shit uve to do, ive got a 200 with the flashy lights :(

Rite so to stop this in the future, only use 200 macs on 200 modems, do I still need to put the no update commands onto the modem?? Also put the info linecracker has posted aswell to try n stop it updatin?

If the no update command was entered in correct it wouldnt have updated, needs to be entered into image 1 and 2, and you also dont need to be running a 200 mac!!

also it seems that only 1 meg macs work on the 200 's

my 3 meg went down with no ready light ! changed the mac to a 1 meg and worked striaght away

Have you tried a different 3mb mac just incase it was something to do with the one u where usin ???

Everytime i do a 200 it's looks like it's conected but only gets local ip then ready light turns off. gonna do new scan and try fresh macs and if that don't work then i'm going to put them under my 4x4 and flatten the little b*stard*

It's a while since i put the mac on this 200.
It's got a 120 mac.
How are you guys finding 200 macs???
How do you non update the various images.
Do you just wait for them to start in hyperterminal and paste.
Is there a new tut for all the fancy stuff you's lot are finding?

Back