Hlp Plz Asap Files Gone

faisalpandu

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hello i was transferring some file from one folder to another and i think i must have clicked on delete and the files started to delete. i canceeled delete and teh files have disappeared. cant see the folder in recycle bin and the file is not in the location it was. I have serached for the file from the search box and the file comes up but i cannot access the file. it shows the location of teh file but when i go there it nothing there. when i try to open it it says file path no specified and does not open it. can anyone tell me how ir recover theses files. it is about good 6GB worth of files. thanks

Turn the PC off and use something like ontrack easy recovery to recover the files using another PC

do a google search or download active file recovery or any other file recovery program but i warn you it takes ages to search if you got a large drive

Have you tried a system restore thats if you have had the files on your computer for a while like.

In the meantime try to keep the writes on the drive to a minimum, so no large downloads or copy/moving files to the drive that you deleted from.

Agreed. Minimise all use of the harddrive as it might overright the sectors which may have your data.

Back