Hleb closes on Gunners exit

The Dentist

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Alexander Hleb's agent has confirmed his client is edging ever nearer the Arsenal exit door.

The influential Belarus international looks set to tread on the path laid by Mathieu Flamini in electing to quit Emirates Stadium for Serie A, with Arsenal reluctantly agreeing to the sale as they are on the verge of tying up a deal for Marseille schemer Samir Nasri.

Internazionale, who incurred Arsene Wenger's wrath earlier in the year when he threatened to report them to Uefa for making an illegal approach, are expected to step-up their interest in the few days.

Hleb's representative, Nikolai Shpilevski, claims he has already engaged in discussions with another club.

Reluctant acceptance

"I can officially confirm that a short time ago Alexander decided that he will leave Arsenal and join another club," he told The Sun.

"Of course, Arsenal and Arsene wanted him to stay but they have accepted the player's choice."

There were suggestions the player would use Article 17 of Fifa's transfer regulations to buy out the remaining two years of his Arsenal contract.

But Shpilevski insisted Hleb will not rob the club of a lucrative transfer fee, adding: "We are not using article 17 of the FIFA rule.

"I can't tell you anything about where he will be playing yet.

"Talks are under way, and I don't have the right to make them public.

"I think that the issue of his new club will be clarified in the next few days."

Unsettled

Shpilevski went on to suggest Hleb's struggle to adapt to life in the capital was another key factor in his decision to quit England.

"Alex has spent three good seasons at Arsenal and he wasn't sure he could maintain the same level that he has been showing if he stayed," he concluded.

"It's also true that he felt uncomfortable off the field.

"Alexander wants a change of scene. That's had a large part to play in his decision."

24th May 2008
SkySports New

All i can say is he could have been a big hero at the emirates.
But we all know what happens to former gunners when they leave.

Apart from 7 assists and 3 goals lol

Seriously he has scored 11 goals in 3 seasons it is hardly close to freddie or pires!

Great skill but no end product, i would much rather him stay and arsenal bring in more influential (scoring) players to come in for competition but we all know about his ice cream meeting with intermilan anyway so its not like he is a loyal player.

Flammini was a bigger loss and he had 1 good season in 6 lol.

But also what i am reading is we are going for some zidane whizzkid to replace hleb? well that is a mistake we need someone who is proven he should take a few prem players

arteta... barry... pederson... santa cruz.... kronjcar.... micha richards.... richard dunne.... lescott

Wenger said we need 2-3 players that wwas fooking before we let go flammini and now hleb lol

What is that we need 5-6 now lol ?

bring me some of the ones above wenger then buy this whizz kid nasri...

I think wenger is starting to lose the plot a little he said keep them all now 2 of the better players have gone lol

ouch..

but it looks like Arsene is gettin his replacement in Vela, Nasri or Ben Arfa

I would love it if we signed arteta or the portsmouth player im not even gona attempt to spell to replace hleb.

At the end of the day if we get nasri and one of those 2 then all we need is a midfielder to replace flamini (i think denilson or diaby might step up to the plate this year) and a cb.

its not the end of the world, if nasri takes time to settle he will still score more then 3 goals which is a better return then we could have expected of the ice cream loving twat!!!

I have seen videos of this nasri from you tube and he looks the business i have to say but look it took ronaldo 2-3 seasons before you started to see an end product.... but by the time Nasri gets that good the board will of fooked up there contracts and they will be walking out on a free lol.

There is a real problem in my eyes with the way we are doing business and they need someone very quickly that can tie players down to there contracts and also people that can check on the players and if its true and hleb did not like london arsenal should of knew about this and done something before.

I mean he was living near swiss cottage ffs its a very busy part of london why did he not live in barnet like the most of the team where it is much quieter ?

But that is if you believe that shit lol

This is the first time i have ever said this about arsenal and its very sad but we are starting to be a stepping stone for the big elite of europe to nick great players!

Look at man utd, liverpool, chelski even when do you hear about them nicking there players... ok you do like ronaldo but furgie smashed that on its head as soon as it was said by these stupid spanish cocks.

But every season come rain or shine we are having our players tapped up in the press by these arseholes and in the end they always get there man.

henry
vieira
overmars
petit
cashley (in our own backyard)
bronkhurst
BET THERE IS MORE (thats from the top of my head)

now
hleb
flamini

and dont worry one or two more seasons and we can kiss goodbye to

Fabregas, nasri (if we sign him), adebyor, toure,

They need to sort out there policy first of all starting with the contracts for over 30's (1 year) if we would not have fooked that up as well we would of had pires, sol for another season at least but this guy thinks over 30's cannot play!

Yeah right sol just won the FA CUP and pires is doing great in la liga!

Expect it to get worse before better if we keep on messing up with contracts and players lifestyles and having no class with experienced players

(sorry spell check was off so expect some MISTAKEDEDED lol ;))

Just read sky sports Real Madrid want Hleb. I think should try sell for as much as poss.
no point keepin a player who doesn't want to stay.

real madrid have robinho we should give hleb and say 5-10 million :)

if you get 15mill for hle. you are laughiung. as said no end product. doesnt really run the team as fabregas does. get rid and send Al Nasri our way. lol

its a shame we cant sell them eboue instead......... :)

the thing is its the same for most clubs the contracts these guys sign are pointless really cos if they want to go then in the end the club has to let them go, it will be a shame if hleb goes but if he does good luck to him.

there aren't many players now who will ever get a testimonial (10 years) simply because they are mercenary's , i dont blame them i would do the same for me and my family if i was ever given the chance.

they are not fans like us, we cant change our club EVER, it doesn't matter what the players say when they are interviewed etc , look at TT he said he would see out his career at Arsenal.....i know he had personal problems but......

i think it is just money sometimes, look at flamini last closed season nearly sold, in his career at Arsenal more than a bit player but not a first team regular, this season he has had a cracking campaign played most games. So he has now made it well we will see, i am willing to bet he goes back to being a bit player scrapping for subs appearances and playing in the italian cup.

Some players who have moved on have done well, but others who were first team regulars at Arsenal have done nothing elseware.

blimey this is like a "rant" sorry :)

we have got weeks of crap in the papers before the middle of August and it all starts again......

I honestly think that thiery would agree (not now but when he retires) that he wished he ended his carea at arsenal even as big a club as barca home is home.

That goes for all players for all teams :)

But gone is the days when a club means more to them than wages and its players like ronaldo asking for 150000 a week to be the highest paid player in the world that is making the whole thing worse.

When is it to much...... 150,000 a week ?

150000 a year is a very good business persons !!!YEARLY!!! salary lol.

I know they are on TV and they should earn money but its getting out of hand the little clubs (and i will include arsenal in this because its about wages!) cannot compete with this and they all want pay rises.

There putting fabregas on 100000 a week lmao he is bearly 20 ffs yes he is good (fooking good) but because we do not want to lose him we pay him 100000 a week.

Adebayer is trying to force us into paying him 80000 a week.

Wenger bought him in for 3 million and he was doing nothing one good season (and im sorry he has the touch of a very bad man!) and he thinks he can hold us to ransom.

And the worse thing is its us the fans that pay there fooking wages lol.

its purely big business now and the players are paid like the top entertainers the A listers, i wouldn't mind if the best of the best get 150000 a week but what happens is the money gets pushed up for them all, and some of the jokers who are basically crap get huge sums too, thats were its gone wrong.

i want players for the long haul 10 years minimum :) like big Tony Adams and Dennis Berkamp. no namby pambys who fall over all the time or wear gloves and cycling shorts.....whats that all about !!!

its purely big business now and the players are paid like the top entertainers the A listers, i wouldn't mind if the best of the best get 150000 a week but what happens is the money gets pushed up for them all, and some of the jokers who are basically crap get huge sums too, thats were its gone wrong.

i want players for the long haul 10 years minimum :) like big Tony Adams and Dennis Berkamp. no namby pambys who fall over all the time or wear gloves and cycling shorts.....whats that all about !!!

thats the trouble it pushing every bodys wag bill up. i was reading the other day that my beloved west ham could not balcance the books with there high wages,

thats the point jasper no one can

arsenal are one of the big four and we cannot afford the wages either.

Man utd are in over 800 million debt

chelski's abramovich writes off over 100 million every season!

liverpool are also heavily in debt the same as arsenal!

clubs are spending more than they are making and when a brand like utd have 800 million pounds worth of debt it kinda says everything apart from real and barca there is not another team with more fans than utd!

Madness!

really as much as that..?

Omg leeds spring to mind, i think wenger doing the right thing. let the greedy unloyal players leave. its a shame we dont have many youth come for the ranks.

Imo its like theo wilcot i dont, think his getting enough starts to be a long term star, he was only played because off the injury list was growing.he will be another just another K richardson, lucky if a promoted will sign. He has speed,skil, but needs to learn his trade playing in 25 plus league games a season.

the only manager that i can think of thats good at grabing young stars and getting them playing tho the ranks is rednap. how would our england squad look in a few years.

look at david bently this season playing reguler frist team football and looking better for it. I know ive gone of the plot now. and my mad ranting is over. lol

Back