Hitachi Drive issue

iliveinuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

My friend has an hitachi drive ( flashed ) and its playing up, as in grinding, opening when not meant to , not playing games all the time, I told him I would change it for him, but he does not have the original firmware, is there a way around this or is he stumped?

Cheers

Firmware toolbox to get the keys

Ok, thanks guys, so in other words, even though he dont have the orig.bin anymore I can still read the ixtreme firmware, grab the keys and then spoof it onto a new drive? Or even better, I guess if he gets the same Hitachi model, just flash straight back on.

Regards

Dave.

Yes, but if you could try memdump it would be great, v78's are rare these days.

Does iliveinuk have a v78? he dosent say so in this thread?

Does iliveinuk have a v78? he dosent say so in this thread?

I swear I read v78 lol

Ive been up since yesterday, I really need to go bed.

lol you`ve been a busy boy oggy :) :banana:

sorry guys, only just got back on, no its not a v78, its earlier, hes sending it down for me to look at, I have found a few places for replacement drives, sammy from the states at around 35, sammy over here or benq for around 50, any links to any cheaper ones, I dont really want to put an hitachi back in if i can help it, im not quite sure they are that gd to be honest, i prefer sammys I told him I would spoof it for him for a couple of beers, never spoofed yet so will read up on that, so beware a new thread soon :)

Thanks for all your help guys, cheers

You can use memdump if it wont read discs, or you can use the GaryOPA batch files (that use memdump)

With toolbox it needs a disc, which is no good if its possibly damaging them.

Back