Hitachi 78fk

johnboy196

DW Member ++
Reaction score
HI

Just checking a freind ask me to flash his xbox360 .

After opening it i noticed it's an 78fk dated august 06

So can it be flash ..

THANKS

i did one the other day october 06 with firmware toolbox 3.0

Yes m8 you can flash a 78K

1. Download Slax 2 from stickey
2. Burn it to a CD
3. Download Firmware Toolbox v3.0 get from stickey
4. Hook up a ground wire between your Xbox 360 and your desktop case
5. Hook up the Xbox 360 SATA port to your Desktop SATA port
6. Power on your Desktop and put the Slax 2 CD in your CD Drive
7. Make sure that RAID is turned off on the port the Xbox DVD Drive is attached to
8. Boot off of the Slax CD in your Desktop.
9. When you see the Slax 2 green cloverleaf, power on your Xbox 360
10. Once Slax 2 starts to boot, you should get a message about "switching to ModeB, thanks kev.u"
11. If you get a message "Spinning up disc..." and it seems to hang, eject the XBox Drive with the eject button and it should continue to boot.
12. Once the Slax 2 CD is booted, login as "root" with the password "toor"
13. Type "reboot" and hit enter, then wait for it to reboot.
14. Eject the Slax 2 CD and boot into windows normally
15. While windows is booting, eject the Xbox DVD drive repeatedly to be sure windows will recognize it.
16. Once in Windows, go to your device manager and make sure you see the Xbox DVD drive
17. If you do see the DVD drive, open Firmware Toolbox 3.0
18. From within Firmware Toolbox 3.0, Select Tools -> Direct Drive Dump (GDR Only)
19. Make sure your Xbox DVD drive is in the drop down box
20. Press "RAW Dump Firmware As"
21. If you get a message about "Insert a movie or game disc for 20 seconds," insert a movie or game disc
22. If your drive will not stay closed when you insert a disc, grab your Xbox controller and look at the Xbox screen, it should say
"Close Tray". Navigate down to the close tray and select it with the A button, then close the tray
(with a movie or game disk in it!) manuall y on the Xbox. The drive should now stay closed.

23. If the drive stays closed, press the "RAW Dump Firmware As" again, and it should read the firmware
24. Save the original file somewhere safe
25. If you get a message other than "Firmware has been dumped" and it asks if you want to open it, you have a bad dump, don't go any farther

26. Select YES to open the firmware
27. Select Tools -> Smart Hack Patcher
28. Accept the warning (after reading it!)
29. Click the box with the three periods in it next to "Output File"
30. Navigate to where you want to save the file and give it a name (like hacked.bin)
31. Make sure you have the proper ruleset for the Hitachi drive (should be the only option)
32. Click "Generate File"
33. It should come back with the same message about opening the file. Select "Yes"
34. Next select Tools -> Direct Drive Flash (GDR Only)
35. Select Differential Flash (PATCH)
36. Make sure your Xbox DVD drive is selected
37. Select "Read drive and detect differences"
38. Differences should show up, if so, select "Start Flashing"
39. Follow the same previous steps and detect differences. There should be no differences this time. If so, continue on.
If there are differences, there is a problem!

40. Close Firmware Toolbox
41. Power down your Desktop and the Xbox
42. Disconnect the SATA and grounding wires
43. Reconnect the internal XBox SATA to the Xbox DVD drive
44. Fire up the Xbox with a backed up disc and see if all went well. If so, you're done

i did one the other day october 06 with firmware toolbox 3.0

HI

Right so they can be flashed using toolbox 3.0

I have downloaded 360fwtoolbox 3.0 but ever time i run it all i get is run time error 339 componet mscdmctl-ocx or missing file.

I have net framework v2.0 installed.

So can anyone upload a working toolbox 3.0 or does anyone no what's could be causing the run time error/

THANKS

what operating system are you using, what's your sata chip set
have you done a google for the missing file and tried to install it

The toolbox works fine from the sticky it been used many times from forum members here

I have one Nforce 4 PC that wont run the Slax dvd and another PC with Via chip set that runs fine, I would try and find the file that they say is missing and give that a go

what operating system are you using, what's your sata chip set
have you done a google for the missing file and tried to install it

The toolbox works fine from the sticky it been used many times from forum members here

I have one Nforce 4 PC that wont run the Slax dvd and another PC with Via chip set that runs fine, I would try and find the file that they say is missing and give that a go

HI

Thanks for your help m8 ..

I have got the toolbox 3.0 working fine now ...

The problem was the missing file but after downloading and putting in right place everthing is fine..

So only thing left is to have a go at flashing the hitachi 78.

THANKS

Back