Hitachi 47DJ?

clive58

Inactive User
Reaction score
I told a mate that i would do him a favour and flash his dvd drive after he told me he thinks it was a Sam/Tosh drive but it turned out to be a Hitachi 47DJ :(
(more fool me lol, now i have to learn how to do this drive for him as i have it opened up)
So as the Hitachi drives are different from the Sam/Tosh one i have done before i was hoping someone would write a brief guide lol just for me lol.

Not really i think a few may benifit from one but for now can someone just advise me as to which is the best way to do them ie modeB/Slax2.1 and what to flash with now please.
Thanx.

Clive.

I used the slax cd in the stickies to get the drive into modeB. Remember you may need to press eject on your 360 dvd to finally get it into modeB. Once you are into modeB you will have a load of options on screen. Ignore them and just reboot your Pc using the reset button.

Once into windows just open the command prompt and type

flash21.bat x 1571
flash21.bat is the name of your flash file
x is the 360 drive (it wil be d,e,f....)
1571 is a unique number where its saves a load of info
(if you are using the garyOpa firmware)

I found the Hitachi's a bit easier to do than the sammys. Plus you cant screw it up as it makes a backup of your firmware before it flashes anything

I had to use a mb with the VIA 8237 chipset and it worked a treat. Lucky one of my older pcs had this mb. There are other compatible chipsets which are mentioned in the v41 sticky

:) thanks Munkey, I will give it a go Tomoz. I used to watch that series as well! lol.
http://www.ewtoo.org/~matt/monkey/chars.htm that takes me back.
Oh and Tripitaka never looked like a man to me so why did everyone else in that series mistake her for one? or was it like a shakespear thing when he had the oposite sex playing the roles?

Clive.

Thanks for that link mate. This made me laugh

Pigsy:
Other Names: Pig spirit,
Stupid swine,
Lord hog,
Martial of the Heavenly host.

Yeah I remember the whole Tripitaka being a man thing (never thought about the Shakespear angle but food for thought :) ). I think the offical line is that it was a girl playing a boy but in the 70's who really cared. I watched it for the fighting and name calling, and the monkey jingle was the best ever

Good luck with the 360

Going back to this now, i got the "Maximus-Garyopa_XTRM-HITACHI_v2_3_Stealth" file but it had no "Hitachi Flashing with Hitachi-LG Firmware v2.1" for the 21.bat file, it had the 16 & 23 & read & RESTORE .bat files in it but no 21.bat
Which file should i be using to flash a 47DJ then?
I would like to do it using the slax2.1 disk and the Autoflasher if poss'

Clive.

if you don't intend to use your 360 drive to backup games then use the 16.bat

flash it with FLASH16S.BAT (then drive letter it shows in windows) and any four numbers, but best NOT to make them the same numbers (1111)

so IE FLASH16S.BAT E 1976

then dont touch it until it says it done 100%

dont worry about it being a 47DJ

ah thanks guys, that makes more sense now i thought you had to be provided with that "unique 4 digit number" by some part of the process lol.
I will be backing up games the easyway, with a patched drive i got off violentj the little godsend lol.

Clive.

u could use the 78fk flasher tool

it will patch the drive .etc 4 u

plus its gui based

so its a bit easier to use

i think....lol

Back