hitachi 47 . wots needed

smirnoff_rules

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hitachi 47 . wots needed

do l have to us slax ?

is its a dos rewrite or window ?

done beng and sammys r there easy to do ?

cheers

Hitachi's are pretty easy, yes you will need slax in order to get the drive into debug mode, once that's done the drive will become visible in windows. Kick off Maximus Firmware Toolbox, select drive dump from the tools menu, being a 47 I think you'll need to use the classic dump not the raw, you'll need to insert an original disc prior to the dump, any dvd will do, movie or 360 game. After a successful dump select smart hack patcher from the tools menu and then select drive flash, again a disc will be needed, that's it jobs a goodun. Double check these instructions with a tut though as this all from memory recall and I must admit my memory is kinda shite.....way too much thaistick in me hayday..

cheers m8 all up and running .. cheers for the help
worked with classic in the end .. didnt like raw lol

. over the moon . got this as a spare for 45 quid and its quieter that my newer one lol

Last edited:
Top stuff mate. The hitachi's are crapper drives though.

Last edited:
no i didnt lol .. wots wrong with them then its working great and playing aones fine ..

My original drive was a hitachi 47dj, the main thing that pissed me off about it was that it would scratch my discs, I'm not sure what was causing that, my suspicion lay in the laser being on it's last legs. It would have problems reading discs Verbs, too many dre's and stuttering cutscenes and it was noisy too. Eventually I got a Samsung off ebay, spoofed it and I'm alot happier, no more scratched discs. You may as well make use of it but I'd suggest keeping a replacement laser in house, that's whats gonna die first, I think they're around 7 quid on ebay.

l see . well now l know its working fine l'll go back to the sammy and just keep as a spare as l bought it for . got the dates wrong and was playing unreal tournament online a few days before it came out , so l thought u never know lol

might just wind the wife up have a box upstairs and download stairs

Last edited:
If it working and you are happy with it then keep going. If you want to replace it you seem to have the technical know how to do so.

the hitachi drives have a known fault for scratching disks if you move the console between the horizontal and vertical position whilst the console is on.

here is a link which explains it a little better

Mine would scratch discs whilst stationary in a horizontal position, it would shake like hell just before the it made the scratch and from the noises I could tell that it was struggling to read from the disc.

Back