Hip Operation

gez

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well the wife went in for one today, went down to theatre at 3.30 and i went to see her at 6.30, WOW, she was sat up in bed looking perky and she had only been up from theatre 30 mins. looked real well and only had a little setback with feeling sick and high blood pressure , nurses laid her flat and within 15 mins she was back to feeling good. hope the full recovery goes as well.:Clap:

Best of luck to your good misses mate :)

The worst part is over :)

Reactions: gez
I would agree witchy.

But, the operation now lives or dies upon the wife doing her physio properly and consistently.

I have seen tons of people with new hips/knees and the ones that don't do the work often get worse rather than better.

I know an 85 year old guy that has a new lease of life after his hip done a few months ago.

Good luck to the missus.

Hope she soon gets well and stays in the best of health.

:Cheers:

A guy at our golf club had a hip replacement recently and hes playing as well as he ever did.
If he is anything to go by it looks very encouraging for your wife.
The best of luck to her mate.

best of luck m8 hope the wife is feeling a bit better and she gets a new lease sounds as though she had very little problems with operation .....nice one

Well after a few complications (blood transfusion, side effect of morphine, seriously low blood pressure etc etc) she came home today. she has 1 leg and hip thats twice its normal size and the other is just slightly swelled.not bad on cructhes now ,she can go up/down stairs slowly. we are gonna have approx 3 months of her not being able to do much , def no car journeys for 2 months at least. she takes 15 more tablets aday and has 1 injection in the stomach which she does herself (i couldn't).
all in all the hospital care has been fantastic and the district nurse has already been intouch with a visit tommorrow
she is now hopefully on the mend and my work starts lol i.e new job monday and all household chores as well.
i need to learn to cook fast lol. burnt the salad yesterday.
ta for good wishes and i hope non of you or your partners ever need owt like that.:alcohol:

All the best to both of you Gez!

I hope she is soon well and you can get back to enjoying life together soon.

:Cheers:

Back