Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1/4P 4 Channel 4K NVR

yelnats

Member ++
Reaction score
i have the above mentioned nvr is there anyway to activate it without ip camera activation password

i have the 8 port version, i just pluged my new cameras in to the NVR and they worked :)

i have the above mentioned nvr is there anyway to activate it without ip camera activation password

the activation password usually means for you to create a password.
What is the issue? Do you not know the password? If not there are ways around this.

As mentioned this is something you would normally create when you set your device to have encrypted channels. Done it myself but since turned the encryption off as the stream is slow to start with the encryption on and unless you have the cameras in sensitive areas of your house there is no real need for encryption.

I've setup many NVR's/DVR's and we never use Hikvision as they take a lot longer to setup and configure and the software and APP is a lot cheesier then other brands we use. But I have seen that encryption thing which I don't see the need for as it's not likely for someone to interrupt the network connection between the camera and the NVR to try to "hack" the video. Maybe you need to factory reset the system and the cameras and then setup from scratch and turn off encryption from the get go..

the activation password usually means for you to create a password.
What is the issue? Do you not know the password? If not there are ways around this.
thank you got it
I've setup many NVR's/DVR's and we never use Hikvision as they take a lot longer to setup and configure and the software and APP is a lot cheesier then other brands we use. But I have seen that encryption thing which I don't see the need for as it's not likely for someone to interrupt the network connection between the camera and the NVR to try to "hack" the video. Maybe you need to factory reset the system and the cameras and then setup from scratch and turn off encryption from the get go..
got it sorted now but have another question for you becuase its network video recorder does it have to be connected to internet at all times
to add a camera thank you

No, you only need the internet to be able to connect to it remotely. No need for internet just for it to record.

Back