Hiding TV Cables in walls...

pootas

Inactive User
Reaction score
So getting kids TV's for their rooms for Xmas...

Have bought Swivel TV Brackets off eBay so that's sorted...However I want to see as little of the cables to the TV's as possible. I was thinking of dropping the TV Aerial Cable down inside plasterboard walls from attic and putting a TV Connection point in stud walls.

The headache is the power cables!! One of the TV is straight kettle lead, the other has a kettle lead to power adapter. Now I don't want the power cables hanging down the walls so what is the best way to install these? I was hoping there would be a way of putting a plug socket into the attic if I can find the socket ring and again dropping power cables down inside stud wall...

Is this a good idea or if not any other ideas would be welcomed!!!

Don't want to be a killjoy but it's very rare you will find the socket ring in the loft - Sockets normally go down the wall & under the floorboards. Could you not take a socket off the wall & see if you can run the cable up to behind the Tv as well as down the wall from the loft for the Aerial?
I just used a piece of 18mmx25mm trunking & painted it the same colour as the wall - Comes up from behind chest of drawers to behind the Tv so there's only about 6-8 inches on view but blends in with the wall.

Ahhh sorry I didn't explain the socket things very well....

I meant taking dropping cable down into stud wall and installing a power socket behind tv...Then powering this socket by dropping the cable down the stud to the other socket and taking a spur...

Ahhh sorry I didn't explain the socket things very well....

I meant taking dropping cable down into stud wall and installing a power socket behind tv...Then powering this socket by dropping the cable down the stud to the other socket and taking a spur...

Thats exactly what I did with my sons. Except I extended the ring to the loft so I could have power up there and spurred down to his room.

no harm in sticking the supply in the loft,, i wouldnt put a socket for aerial or power behind tv as you can get the tv tighter to the wall with a slim bracket,, if yov got the mains lead sticking out the back of the tv causing probs you can buy a right angle lead or adaptor

psst! if you want to hide any cables around rooms and also the cables coming down the wall from wall mounted tvs then check out d-line trunking
I use the wood effect quadrant beading around the room hiding all the speaker wire, it clicks open and close for easy access.

flooring-samples.jpg
inthehome-1.jpg

audio-visual-img.jpg

TLC Electricals sell them :) I used a mitre saw to cut them for the corner areas.

Last edited:
Back