Hibernian exit Intertoto

RAB - P

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Paatelainen's men suffer 4-0 aggregate defeat to Elfsborg

Hibernian exited the Intertoto Cup at the second round stage after they slumped to a 2-0 second leg loss to Swedish side Elfsborg.

Goals from Mathias Floren and Emir Bajrami handed Elfsborg a 4-0 aggregate triumph over Mixu Paatelainen's Hibs after the first leg at Easter Road had ended 2-0.

Floren broke the deadlock at Boras Stadium on 18 minutes after the Swede's strike caught a deflection to deceive goalkeeper Andrew McNeil.

Bajrami sealed the success for Elfsborg with 12 minutes remaining with a powerful effort that left McNeil with no chance.

Good thing they never got into the UEFA cup

we will probs get knocked out in the first round anyway but its great just to be there

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Not trying to make excuses for them but Elfsborg are half way through their season, and we have only been back to pre-season training for a couple of weeks, so I think it was the fitness levels that were the difference but if we dont sign some decent players this season we could struggle, we do have to get rid of some of the shite first, players like Kerr from Motherwell, do you want him back MFCGAVMFC lol.:Cheers:

Last edited:
Not trying to make excuses for them but Elfsborg are half way through their season, and we have only been back to pre-season training for a couple of weeks, so I think it was the fitness levels that were the difference but if we dont sign some decent players this season we could struggle, we do have to get rid of some of the shite first, players like Kerr from Motherwell, do you want him back MFCGAVMFC lol.:Cheers:

he has potential but doesnt show it often enough naw mate we dont want him back never liked him

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Your right he does have the potential, promises so much but never delivers, to be honest m8 when he played for you I never came away from a game us v you and said that kerr looks alright, why we signed him is still a mystery, still we'll beat Barcelona next week no probs.:proud:

cheers

Back