Hi-Def Satellite Recievers

chrome307

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there

Anyone know if they available in the UK and which brands ?

Any links would be appreciated...............particularly costs LOL

chrome

there is 1 on ebay here

it even comes with the smartcard needed for the 1 and only HD channel in europe. However, it is only an Mpeg2 capable H-D receiver and i think it would be best to wait for mpeg4 HD to emerge. Tests for HD are currently mpeg2 but i'm sure there will be grand steps soon and unless you desperately want 'HD-1' the german channel, i'd wait. Sky & BBC will deffo be mpeg4 H-D in the future. Do you have a HD tv/monitor yet?

£2K worth of it.................+ cost of the brackets
My better half speaks German and £10pm is a lot cheaper than having to fork out for TeleDanmark (going home for Xmas...........going to see the actual costs then).

chrome

BTW Thanks for the link............sounds too good to be true at £99.........might pop over to Germany if we get time and see what's avialable over Xmas.

hi def

hi guys,
theres two hi def recievers i know on sale at the moment one is the euro 1080 and the other is a inverto both are only component video connections and not hdmi which gives a superior picture , although at this moment i dont know of a sat reciever with these (hdmi) inputs, the only alternative is to feed through a upscaled surround sound reciev er which are quite expensive hope this has been usefull john

Been digging about and have found some other recievers all in the £400/500 price bracket...........but very few models available to choose from :(

Back