Hi chaps :-) Is it safe to mod a Nintendo Switch yet without being banned online?

byson1984

Member ++
Reaction score
I am tempted to mod my switch and off load my original game collection to free up space and some cash. I have the earlier model and wondering is it at a simple to mod and keep up to date? I dont play it online but would like to keep the online capabilties for updates and if I decide to online play later on. Thanks

No you will get banned

When Nintendo bring out a new firmware you have to wait for it to get patched again for your CFW to play the new games

No you will get banned

When Nintendo bring out a new firmware you have to wait for it to get patched again for your CFW to play the new games

So will it get banned even if i dont online play with backup games? My kids play the free fortnight game for example. Thanks

Can you dual boot? CFW for backups and OFW for physical? Thanks

Big question is your Switch compatible to take the Mod in the first place as Nintendo patched them to stop this happening, you can check by the serial number on the console

Have a search on the subject on here m8

Yes mate I got it at launch and it’s not patched.

Good one well just use Atmosphere CFW and enjoy your backup games ofline

This is good for the switch no need to use a pc every time ect

RCM Loader for Switch Atmospheric Injector Enhanced NS USB Disk Archive qwe

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fleebay

Is it possible to boot in original firmware for online and switch over to Custom firmware for backups? Thanks

Is it possible to boot in original firmware for online and switch over to Custom firmware for backups? Thanks

Yes , I did one for a friend a while back and thats what she does , you can also get it to boot into atmosphere without rcm loader BUT you do still need it for first time then enable "something" LOL cant remember what in atmosphere settings . Not certain about this but I think you can also boot in official F/W straight from atmosphere

So I’m best off buying this loader just for ease switching between firmwares. Is it best to have a memory card strictly for CFW and games and one for OFW? Thanks

Check it out m8 , plus get the biggest micro sd card you can afford to store more games onto it 128GB is not that big but will work ok

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah I will order that and a 256gb card mate. I will just have nintendo exclusive games on it as ive got a xbox. Cheers

Looking on fleebay the switch jig goes for £3.95 are you can use a paper clip , but got a chance to fook the console

Use can use your pc to load rcm loader

I would just get the Switch Atmospheric Injector Enhanced my self

This bloke as a good youtube channel for the switch
Hi Spud

i take it this only works on the switch's that can already be done and not just any?

i checked mine a while back and it was patched

Team-xecuter are bringing a chip out soon that will do any switch, but you have to solder it inside the switch

SX Core & SX Lite Modchips

SX Core-New Nintendo Switch Modchip

SX Core hacks the Patched Switch and New Red Box version Switch. Team Xecuter is developing SX Code Modchip to Crack All Switches and preparing to launch it in 2020. The new Modchip is different

$56.66

Team-xecuter are bringing a chip out soon that will do any switch, but you have to solder it inside the switch

SX Core & SX Lite Modchips

SX Core-New Nintendo Switch Modchip

SX Core hacks the Patched Switch and New Red Box version Switch. Team Xecuter is developing SX Code Modchip to Crack All Switches and preparing to launch it in 2020. The new Modchip is different

$56.66
interesting thanks Spud

Back