Hex question

gadgethome

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi,

If I save a funcard as a hex file, I can read the IRD fine in boxkey reader.
If I save a atmega163 as a hex file, then I cannot seem to read the IRD.

Should the boxkey reader read the file? or is there any other software I should be using instead?

Thanks as always for everyone's help.
Paul

u can read the ird and b/k off a funcard as long as it hasnt been locked
u need to save the flash

as for the atmega 163
u need to save the external eep
as a bin file
load this into nagra edit
to get the ird and b/k
but agin if it is locked like the fun u will wipe the cards and get nowt

Hi,

Thanks for the tips.
I will give it a try.

Thanks
Paul.

@davidh

Mate, you've got some interesting pictures to display lol :)

The clip where that cute chinese girl is spreading her legs... which film is it from? :Cheers:

Hi,

I'm using a USB infinity unlimited and toxic, used the correct IRD and BK, wrote to an ATMega163 and just reading it back in to validate it works. Saved the external eep as a bin file, loaded this into nagra edit, but I'm still unable to get the IRD from it.
I'm just experimenting really to see how it all works before trying it live. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Paul.

gadgethome said:
Hi,

I'm using a USB infinity unlimited and toxic, used the correct IRD and BK, wrote to an ATMega163 and just reading it back in to validate it works. Saved the external eep as a bin file, loaded this into nagra edit, but I'm still unable to get the IRD from it.
I'm just experimenting really to see how it all works before trying it live. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Paul.
You need to download this program:
swopbinhex

Drag the bin file you've saved onto this program's exe (i.e. don't run it) and this should create another file in the same folder. Open this file in Nagra Edit and it should work. (It did for me but I was copying the EXTeeprom from a funcard).

Thanks. I will try it later today. Fingers crossed.

Thanks
Paul.

Back