Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
For a telewest area use:
PACE di1000T
PACE di1010T Phase 1B
PACE ditv1000 Phase 1B
PACE di2000T - HARD TO GET THE BK IF THE CARD ISNT PAIRED (READ 2 x TSOP48)
PACE di4000T
SA 4000dvb
SA 4200dvb - HARD TO GET THE BK IF THE CARD ISNT PAIRED (READ TSOP56)
SA 8300 (TV DRIVE) - CANT GET THE BK IF THE CARD ISNT PAIRED
PACE di4000N - (on CR3.2 software & only if you cant get another box)
SAMSUNG 2110 - CANT GET THE BK IF THE CARD ISNT PAIRED

For an exCW area:
PACE ditv1000
PACE ditv1000 Phase 1B
PACE ditv2000 - HARD TO GET THE BK IF THE CARD ISNT PAIRED (READ 2 x TSOP48)
PACE di4000N
ANY PACE TELEWEST BOX (as far as I know!)
SAMSUNG 2100

For PURE NTL area:
PACE 4001
PACE 4010
SAMSUNG 2100

Last edited:
nice post m8

should help newbies and others

would be great if made a sticky

I posted this because I have searched it many times and alot of people dont know what boxes work where... Have paged admin to stickie.

Added SA 8300 (TV DRIVE) to NTL

Last edited:
In my experience the Pace 2000 willl work in Pure NTL area if the net id is set manually but they dont update if the firmware changes ! Although when the channel line up changed recently the menus stayed the same colour but the numbers changed correctly!!

this should be become a sticky its important infomation on what boxes work where

For a telewest area use:
PACE di1000T
PACE di1010T Phase 1B
PACE ditv1000 Phase 1B
PACE di2000T - HARD TO GET THE BK IF THE CARD ISNT PAIRED (READ 2 x TSOP48)
PACE di4000T
SA 4000dvb
SA 4200dvb - HARD TO GET THE BK IF THE CARD ISNT PAIRED (READ TSOP56)
PACE di4000N - (on CR3.2 software & only if you cant get another box)

For an exCW area:
PACE ditv1000
PACE ditv1000 Phase 1B
PACE ditv2000 - HARD TO GET THE BK IF THE CARD ISNT PAIRED (READ 2 x TSOP48)
PACE di4000N
ANY PACE TELEWEST BOX (as far as I know!)
SAMSUNG 2100

For PURE NTL area:
PACE 4001
PACE 4010
SAMSUNG 2100
I have also been told that the PACE 2000 boxes work here aswell to some extent, but I am unsure about other PACE docsis boxes (I would only use these as a last resort)
has anybody tried a ntl/cw box with virgin software on it in t/west and visa versa

Hi David,
Just to add from an ex cw area with the box updated manually to Virgin software the following boxes all work 100% in TW area without having to change or modify the box in any way.
Pace 1000
1000b
and sam 2100 work fine.

The only downside is Pin request absolutely dont work in these boxes at the moment as thees box cannot get a lock.Basicly if you leave the tb connected the boxes still say tb disabled when in tw land.Flashing led yada yada.
Although that is the case in my area also as we have not gone virgin yet..
Hopefuly in time though when virgin software hits Croydon tw area more testing can be done to overcome this..

On the Sammy you have to jtag the ned id to the box.
If you funcard it it goes into an update loop and stays that way in tw area.
Have not had an opportunity to try the sam 2110 yet.:eater:

we have a pace di4000-n working perfect in pure ntlhell.
just set the net id via rs232

Hi David,
Just to add from an ex cw area with the box updated manually to Virgin software the following boxes all work 100% in TW area without having to change or modify the box in any way.
Pace 1000
1000b
and sam 2100 work fine.

The only downside is Pin request absolutely dont work in these boxes at the moment as thees box cannot get a lock.Basicly if you leave the tb connected the boxes still say tb disabled when in tw land.Flashing led yada yada.
Hopefuly in time though when virgin software hits Croydon tw area more testing can be done to overcome this..

a sammy wont g0 into an update loop if you disconnect the cable feed 1st m8 {set the netid with a fun or atmega, "then connect the feed"

i have a 2100 in pure how can i change it to tw please as i cannot update it to virgin on this hetwork

So did I, because it was me who wrote that post (a long time ago, and possibly on another forum, cant remember now lol).
It was never meant to be a difinitive guide because I had no experience of the davic platform and so couldnt comment on those boxes.
Also I expect a lot to change with the roll out of the virgin media software.

edcase

I have also been told that the PACE 2000 boxes work here aswell to some extent, but I am unsure about other PACE docsis boxes (I would only use these as a last resort)

I would just completely remove that from the original post as its more hassle than its worth. Stick to the boxes that are meant for your area and life will be made a hell of alot easier.

Was thinking that myself when i originally saw it, "looks very similar to one done by Charlie" :p or maybe originally edcase!

How do you jtag the ned id to the sammy 2100c box. Cheers.

i have tried loads of 2100's with 3.5b and 3.5l virgin on them and dont go past the virgin powering up screen in tw although the 2110 does work ok

Hi David,
Pace 1000
1000b
and sam 2100 work fine.

i have a samsung 2100c and im trying to get it working in tw area is have correctly set netid and frequency but i cant figure out how to get it to update the software manually as stated above any help would be greatly appreciated

excellent its important infomation thanks m8.:eater::eater:

i have a samsung 2100c and im trying to get it working in tw area is have correctly set netid and frequency but i cant figure out how to get it to update the software manually as stated above any help would be greatly appreciated
Same here lol, I mistakenly bought one of these on flebay, mistook it for a 2110c - yes, what a tube, i know. I'm getting mixed views here, some say it works, others say it doesnt. Anyone got a definitive answer?
Cheers.

PS Sorry for bumping an old thread but I thought it was relevant

Back