helping hand scanning required

maddywork

Inactive User
Reaction score
hia all....i've had a dbox2 for just under a year now....and some channels have gone last night...it just says "channel not available"....
the only experience that i have of the dbox2 is how to use it to watch cable channels....i dont know anything about making one or how to set one up!!!
after reading some of the previous posts about the same problem over the last 24 hours or so i've managed to take in that they have moved channels around and that i need to do a scan.

after reading some more i stumbled upon liamcrayden's post/tutorials (http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58310) that show u how to do a scan.....

brilliant guide, easy to follow, after reading it i think i should be able to follow it....the only query i have is that in the "service scan" screen of my box it says:

Service scan......all services
Bouquet.............update
cable provider....Bruteforce
fast scan.............off

and the guide that i'm following suggests to change the values to:

Scan for Services: TV & Radio
Bouquet: Overwrite Existing
Cable Provider: (don;t know what to change this to)
Fast Scan: Off

.....so if i change the values to the ones that it suggests in the guide i should be ok? and also what do i change the cable provider to before i start the scan?

i'm in the m8 area of manchester and i'm on ex c&w

i'll appreciate any help...iv done the reading and just need a gently push in the right direction thats all

cheers maddy

Change bouquet to leave existing or keep existing
Im sure you are 6952 for cable provider
takes about 20 to 30 mins or longer wait till it finishes the reboot the box.

Fergalsworld said:
Change bouquet to leave existing or keep existing
Im sure you are 6952 for cable provider
takes about 20 to 30 mins or longer wait till it finishes the reboot the box.

yes m8 follow what he has said m8 good advice

welldone

cheers

cheers guys....will try it now.....
any problems i'll come back to u ok
maddy

my cable provider is set to "bruteforce" in the servicescan screen....i'm trying to change it to sym6952 it doesnt move from "bruteforce"....how do i change it

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!!!!!

done my very first scan and all channels are back on and fully working!!!!!!

cheers to fergalsworld for the help and not forgeting gav12345!!!!!!

maddy

maddywork said:
my cable provider is set to "bruteforce" in the servicescan screen....i'm trying to change it to sym6952 it doesnt move from "bruteforce"....how do i change it

hi mate, did you leave the cable provider to "bruteforce" or managed to change it to "sym692", because im having the same problem, how did you change it,

johnny bravo said:
hi mate, did you leave the cable provider to "bruteforce" or managed to change it to "sym692", because im having the same problem, how did you change it,

Hello m8, it dont matter if u cant change it to sym6952 as bruteforce will pick up all channels available to you. it uses a more agressive scanning technique. i always used bruteforce and got all channels working no probs.

hope that helps!

elite786 said:
Hello m8, it dont matter if u cant change it to sym6952 as bruteforce will pick up all channels available to you. it uses a more agressive scanning technique. i always used bruteforce and got all channels working no probs.

hope that helps!

cheers for that bit of info mate, im new to this, how long does it take ive got it doing a scan at this moment, been about 13 minutes, before i did the scan, i had about 250 channels listings, ie, mtv,skysports , movies etc,, basically all the channels that you would expect to get, but no picture, just channel listings and the message, " error, no channel"

takes about 20 to 30 mins
finds transponders first then channels in the last 10 mins usually.

Fergalsworld said:
takes about 20 to 30 mins
finds transponders first then channels in the last 10 mins usually.

i thinks its finished as it is showing

"transponder scan finished succesfully"

but the other infi is blank, ie, provider, channel etcc, is that wrong

johnny bravo said:
cheers for that bit of info mate, im new to this, how long does it take ive got it doing a scan at this moment, been about 13 minutes, before i did the scan, i had about 250 channels listings, ie, mtv,skysports , movies etc,, basically all the channels that you would expect to get, but no picture, just channel listings and the message, " error, no channel"

no probs m8, use to take me bout 40minutes for a full bruteforce scan and it should bring back all the channels. let us know how u get along.

elite786 said:
no probs m8, use to take me bout 40minutes for a full bruteforce scan and it should bring back all the channels. let us know how u get along.

hi, got nothing at all, just channel listings, with "error-channel not available"

whats gone wrong ?

reboot the box see if they come back on
what image is on the box
post your settings in the service scan menu.

ok, rebooited the box, got the message "error-no channels were found, please execute a scan"

cancel that and go to the service scan menu and post the settings bud.
what image is on the box also.

Fergalsworld said:
cancel that and go to the service scan menu and post the settings bud.
what image is on the box also.

dont quite follow ya mate, ?

get to the menu were you can choose start scan and tell us
what the settings are.
ie:cable provider is it set to bruteforce
whats bouquets set to
and what are all the others set to.

Back