help

gsim

Inactive User
Reaction score
d box still not working. as i was putting an image onto the box it crashed somehow. and now the box just freeze on the sportster loading screen. [cos the box did not take the full image]. so now i dont know the d box's ip address now. i tryed using ifa to put an image back on to the box but it just comes up with an error 10048 ip address allready in use. i says on the d box connection in my network places not conected when the power leed is out of the d box. so how can i transfer the image to the box. i tryed it lots of times but on joe still. [reset the box. and ive restarted my pc as well. and i have followed the ifa guide as well. please can someone help me. as it is doing my head in. thanks
Edit/Delete Message

10048 ip something is using or blocking the network connection
Try this.
1.Install IFA in to C:/ and Add IFA to the exceptions in windows firewall,then turn the firewall off,
2.Disable ALL antivirus programs...If you have any Norton crapware disable worm blocking aswell....you might even have to unistall it this includes systemworks aswell
3.Disable any popup stoppers.
4.Give your pc network card a static ip.
IE:pC ip:192.168.1.201
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
set to 10baseT_halfduplex
5.Disable any other network cards you have installed including wireless
6.Ethernet crossover cable connected
7.Nullmodem cable connected
8.Turn off box,
9.Put Image in C:/
10.Start IFA
11.Select networkcard
12.Tick nullmodem
13.Select image in C:/
14.Press ok if it goes to a comm window turn on the box.
15.If you dont get flashing in the lcd on the box then something is still blocking the network
Hope this helps.

d box

hi i tryed what you saidbut its still doing the same thing [error 10048 in function bind address already in use. and all so i cant turn my box off using the off button on the front of the box. so i cant put it in stand by ether. do i need the box to be in standbye mode when i am flashing to image to the box or what. please can you help as it is nipping my haed. i followed the ifa guide as well. the box just stays on the sportster loading screen and dose not move from that.

[error 10048 in function bind address already in use
Something is still blocking the network connection.
Antivirus, systemworks,firewall,etc.
you start the ifa flash process then turn on the box
you can also press the power and the up button together to reset
post anything that comes up in the ifa com window.

have you tried a differemt version of ifa as you shouldnt have to touch any ip addys as ifa automaticlly allocates one. i'd suggest using a different version of ifa and give it a try

d box

i did all what you said. but its still not working and i've tryed dif vir of ifa but thay come up with an outher error in german. i have disabled all my anti virus sortware. popup 'and filewall softwher as well. the box dose not turn off or go on standby using the button on the front of the box. i just turns off when i pull out the power pulg. and i can reset the dox with the up arrow and the power botton at the same time. [DOSE THE BOX HAVE TO BE IN STANDBYE MODE SO THAT YOU CAN FLASH THE IMAGE 2 IT] please can you help if you can as i've been at then for ages. [its on sagem box with an 1x1 intell chip on the motherboard. and it has an wee bit of an image on the box but it just frezze on the sportster screen whrn i power it up. thanks

no the box doesnt need to be in standby to flash. if you've got a serial null modem cable post the flash log here.

d box

i am getting the same error still. and there is no text in the background of the thing on ifa. at the bottom of the page' at the right hand side it says dbox file. i have an ip address for the netorkd card that i am using on my pc. and i have tw cable modem. and a cross over cable as well. i tryed ti use dir vir of ifa but thay just come up with an error in german as well.

Do you have a nullmodem cable lead?
you wont get anything in the com window if you dont have one
What image are you trying to flash?
and its definitly a crossover cable you have the colors dont match up at either end.

d box

i am trying to flash an 1x1 uk sportster image 2005. and i have an [rj45 network cross over cable. its a yellow leed and the both ends are a bit like a modem end. but bigger. and there are the same size at both ends. i have a broadband cable moden [tw edinburgh] and i am shareing my broadband connection with my network card. the one that i linked to my d box. what do i do. the sporter image just stayes on the screen and just frezes. and the box dose not load up. and i dont know what to do now. i have took norton / and all the outher antivirus softwhre that was on my pc as well.

you need to get yourself a nullmodem cable like this
h**p://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=13509&doy=11m12
h**p://www.maplin.co.uk/images/Full/13509i0.jpg
then you will be able to see whats going on in the com window.
also have set your networkcard to 10baseT_halfduplex.

d box

oh ok. i see that leed now, [thanks]. so in my network card settings. [there is 10 half mode in there. [is that the right one. [so do i need the network leed pluged in when i get that [9 Way Null Modem Cable Female to Female] or what.

Error 10048 means a other programm occupied port 67 and 69 on the pc for that network card. Normally Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) is the origin. Disable that stuff.

d box

i got an null modem leed. and i ran ifa but it still dose not work nothing on lcd of the box but. i got some text in the comm window of ifa. can any onr help please

post what text you are getting
In ifa click copy to clipboard tab and paste what you get here.

gsim said:
i got an null modem leed. and i ran ifa but it still dose not work nothing on lcd of the box but. i got some text in the comm window of ifa. can any onr help please
Listen to what you are being told by MGB m8 its your pc that the problem is with its port in use. Not the dbox.
You dont need the null modem cable thats not the problem.

IANBBB said:
Listen to what you are being told by MGB m8 its your pc that the problem is with its port in use. Not the dbox.
You dont need the null modem cable thats not the problem.

Something is still blocking the network as mgb says.

@ianbbb
Its always advisable to use a nullmodem cable aswell as it will enable you to see whats going on in the com window incase another problem is encountered.

d box

i got it. [brill] thanks for all your help. it was [ics that was the problun] but how do i now put the services files on now. [i've got no channels on the box.

use flashfxp and get the service file for your area and put it into /var/tuxbox/config/zapit folder mate use the ip adress of the box in flashfxp and username is root and pass is dbox2 hope this helps you out!!! you could always just do a scan m8!!

Fergalsworld said:
Something is still blocking the network as mgb says.

@ianbbb
Its always advisable to use a nullmodem cable aswell as it will enable you to see whats going on in the com window incase another problem is encountered.

Yes m8 but not having one connected will not be a reason for it not flashing.
Thats whats wrong here people are making a simple task difficult.

So my message still stands. YOU CAN USE IFA WITHOUT A NULL MODEM CABLE.

Back