help!!!!!

krazylegz

Inactive User
Reaction score
:Drool: hi everyone i'm called lee from the uk. i have a sagem with 600l avia chip and 1xintel chip in.
the problem starts when i turn it on it loads up and says on the lcd load autoboot then it says loading kernel and thats all it does,it wont go any further. i has tried to use flash fxp but cant get it to connect to the box also i've tried to use image flash assisant but that just keeps saying boot net failed. if release a memory check in ifa it just stays on root in the window on the pc.
i'm using a HP 2.6ghz pc with 728ddr ram on xp pro.

any help would be greatlly appreciated..

thanks

have you tired flashing a differnt image and turn all ur firewall off

so i take it ur using a null modem cable (thats good), Are you using a crossover cable? if you feel everything is connected correctly but still having no luck, try it in safe mode, that normally works for me

the cross over cable is just the standard ethernet cable isnt it? if so yes i am. when you say start it in safe mode will that be with networking or without?

no, a crossover is different to a normal network cable. it has one side crossed over so it is not straight thru. if u dont use crossover, ur pc will not talk to the dbox. buy one, they not much

No, the standard ethernet cable is not a crossover cable.

ok thanks everyone i'll buy one tomorrow and try it its doing my head in!!! thanks for the info everyone

just to say thanks to everyone for thier help. found a late open computer shop and bought a cross over cable, and worked first time with ifa.

Back