Help!!!

Wolfie708

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a Thomson HD box and have latest firmware etc installed.

I have a quad LNB and 2 CoAx's to HD box and a single CoAx to an older box (working fine).

I have started having problems with some chanels (more than not) of 'No satellite signal is being received', and in the past this has usually been resolved by a cold boot.

I have swapped CoAx'a and even cards (Electrician and used to working on PCB's etc) with the following results...

Input Card 1 has approx 90% strength and 60% quality on either CoAx.
Input Card 2 has 0% strength and 100% quality on either CoAx.

I say Card 1 and Card 2 as these readings stay the same for the card itself regardless of which slot it is in.

The BIG query is after changing settings to Single Feed why am I still receiving signal error messages on at least 50% (estimated) of the chanels?

Could this simply be the dreaded PSU problem that seems to plauge Thomson boxes, but if so, could it have caused a failure in my second Input Card? (or is this a normal reading for card 2?)

Hope that explains it well enough and thanks in advance

Wolfie

I am not sure what you refer to as 'Input card'? Do you mean the tuner? In any case anything else should not need changing, it is the power supply board that causes these signal errors and random strange issues. Once fixed it should all be working fine again.

Back