help with voices please.

Mr Parsnip

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi all this has been doin my head in all day i have conected the tom tom to my computer and have aslo installed the tom tom program the problem is i have downloaded some voices i would like to upload buit the problem is i carnt seem to drag the files i need onto the tom tom so i have other voices.

Hope you understand me.

Mr P

For each voice there will be two files, a .VIF & a .CHK file. Copy both of these files to the VOICES folder on the root of the memory card.

When you go to the voice selection menu on the TomTom you will be able to select it.

I don't have an actual TomTom unit, I have it on my Nokia N73 so I can't help you with the actual connecting it to the PC. I assume you have a USB cable and software that you can browse the file system of the unit.

No software needed for TomTom - PC connection.

Just plug in USB cable, turn TomTom on, tap 'YES' on TomTom screen when asked if you want to connect to PC.

Then goto my computer and look for a removable disk named 'TOMTOM DISK'

Then do as Devilfish says, copy both files across to the Voices folder within the TOMTOM DISK.

Unplug the TomTom after it has finished transfering data 'flashing blue memory card' symbol on TomTom screen.

Back