Help with Video to DVD Company

Shaggy

Inactive User
Reaction score
We are looking to get our Wedding video professionally converted from VHS Video to DVD.
I have seen some places on the net but as it is the only copy we have I was wondering if anybody has 1st hand experience of any company's that they have used.

If I loose this I will also need a divorce video making.lol

Thanks

another answer i just found.....

t really is easy and safe to copy them yourself.

Chances are that you already have a VHS video recorder/player. In addition, you need a DVD recorder and a scart lead. Simply connect the two machines together with the scart lead (read the instruction manuals to find out which are the right sockets).

Insert the tape into the VHS player and a blank DVD into the DVD recorder. Press the 'record' control on the DVD recorder then press 'playback' on the VHS player. Let the tape play to the end, then press 'stop' on both machines.

It's as simple as that.

also found this mate, seemsthe best bet, straight to computer, then you can edit away!

EZ Grabber | EZ Video Grabber | EZ Grabber VHS To DVD

I have something very similiar. I found a lot of audio sync issues once the capture was longer then 10 or 15 minutes. I ended up getting something better which is a hardware mpeg2 convertor were audio is interlaced with video making capture better.

another answer i just found.....

t really is easy and safe to copy them yourself.

Chances are that you already have a VHS video recorder/player. In addition, you need a DVD recorder and a scart lead. Simply connect the two machines together with the scart lead (read the instruction manuals to find out which are the right sockets).

Insert the tape into the VHS player and a blank DVD into the DVD recorder. Press the 'record' control on the DVD recorder then press 'playback' on the VHS player. Let the tape play to the end, then press 'stop' on both machines.

It's as simple as that.

Got to agree with big hol here it really is that simple.

I use the VHS machine to DVD recorder method with 1 difference. I record onto a RAM disk as this gives me 1 big MPG file, unlike DVD+R which gives normal VOBS, I can then use any DVD making software on the PC to add a menu and/or other features, I usually put a slide show of stills with some music and special messages to the happy couple.

i used dazzle for ours..
its just a lead that plugs into the scart of your vcr ...and converts it to USB to plug into pc ..do what you like to it then (record, edit )
I would never dream of sendin our ONLY copy of our wedding away .

Back