help with sammy ms28

Next step is

Load into windows and open the test.bin in Firmware Toolbox to ensure its a valid dump of the Samsung

As you can tell - Dosflash is quite a powerful program

sorted m8 drive version drive key etc all displayed ive sort of jumped ahead here ive used firmtool

firmtool test1.bin ix14-8.bin = drive key copied and ready to be flashed do i now go through the same process as before and flash ix14-8.bin is that my new f/w or does it save the new one somewhere else, thanks again mate for helping me out ive got my mate on the phone tormenting im the one doin him a favour lol typical

Yeah pretty much like that mate

Dosflash as you seen will error out if not right.

I cant tell the full command as my 'test facility' consists of a Samsung MS25 with iXtreme to show as an MS28

Obviously, use W instead of R ;)

its only finally bloody done cheers for everyones help especially oggy and highlander for the offer, oggy you where spot on mate im gonna be using dosflash if i ever do a ms28 again just out of intrest mate when it asks to read, write or erase do you use r or R if you get my point as when i went back to write i used capitals (W) and it worked straight away no probs at all, thanks again everyone.

glad you are sorted m8.

different people have different methods, and myself, i swear by iprep with usb, wheras i know madmanc won't use usb and prefers floppy's.

I used lowercase

I had a hard drive failure a week ago so things may be setup differently now.....Dosflash was never that awkward for me before

It would normally just come up:

Select device

What do you want to do

Name file

Never did I have to say No to resending mtkvendor twice, again this might be because its an MS25, I dont have an MS28 to hand.

Glad you got it sorted :Clap:

Never did I have to say No to resending mtkvendor twice, again this might be because its an MS25, I dont have an MS28 to hand.
:

Just noticed you had to for the MS28

Ah well, alls well that ends well.

Just remember when doing them in the future, always verify the dump before proceeding, as Firmtool doesnt auto run this way and you seen all the devices it will try and read from lol

lol cheers for that pointer i never thought of it like that i was wondering when i was checking why i needed to check it in f/w toolbox as i allready knew that the dump was 256kb and in the past thats allways been enough but im glad you pointed that out better safe than sorry, thanks again the lad i was doing the favour for as just come and picked it up i only just about got a thanks out of him, well he's on his own next time lol

Back