help with Sagem Dbox

R

rtfm

Hi - I have a new dbox, when it arrived it had the neutino image, but I tried to reflash it to sportster using IFA - when I do this it start OK, gives the dbox an IP and loads up - the IFA console shows..

***Adapter Desc: Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet - Packet Scheduler Miniport (via IpHlpApi #2)
***MAC address: 00:11:85:85:FB:99 Local IP: 192.168.1.20
***BootP server started... Port 67
***TFTP server started... Port 69
BootP> Request from 00:50:9C:3B:68:30 (assuming that this is DBox).
BootP> Created dynamic ARP entry for DBoxIP 192.168.1.202 with MAC 00:50:9C:3B:68:30
BootP> Answer sent!
TFTP> Started TFTP-Transfer for "D:\ppcboot10447\ppcboot"...
TFTP> Transfer finished, sent 435 blocks
BootP> Created dynamic ARP entry for DBoxIP 192.168.1.202 with MAC 00:50:9C:3B:68:30
BootP> Answer sent!
TFTP> Non-BootP TFTP-transfer requested "\tftpboot\flash.img"
TFTP> Started TFTP-Transfer for "D:\ppcboot10447\flash.img"...
TFTP> Transfer finished, sent 16129 blocks

The dbox display the "flashing..." image but it gets no further, its connected using a crossover which must be working as it tftp's up the image file, I have also connected a serial cable but that does'nt actually show anything.

Oh - and its now saying kein system if I boot it alone....:SHYTE

The image being used is Sportster1.76.3, the DBOX says multimedia terminal DV3 on the front..

What am I doing wrong?

You should use a real null modem cable and select the correct com port.
Without the output via null modem cable nobody can see whats going wrong.

If it's a Sagem x1 box, it can take up to 15 minutes to flash it.

Have you tried to flash a x2 image on a x1 box?

umm sorry for the n00b question but how do I tell if its a 2 or a 1X?

If you got it from here it will have 2x or 1x in the title of the image you have downloaded.
Ie:sporster 1.72-2x or sporster 1.72-1x

ok - think I have figured out my issue - judging by the lenth of time the flash takes I have a 1X box (I was confused..I have a dbox2 and I though the 1X,2X referred to the dbox version - am I right in thinking the numerical designation actually has to do with the number of flash chips?)

and now an unrelated question (sort of..) where can I get a services.xml and bouquet that work for NTL in Dublin?

yep thats right look through the vents on top of the box and you will see how many chips there is.
Check the dbox downloads for a service file but when you put one of the new images on you will be able to do a scan and find all the channels yourself.

excellent - load worked fine - put the following image on - sp17+_1x_uk05, I will fiddle with it tomorrow....many thanks to all who replied for your help!!

Do a channel scan mate as its the only real way to guarantee you get everything.

de_deej

Back