Help with rytec EPG (DM800)

frenchman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Guys,

I need some help setting up the rytec EPG to use with my DM800 clone, I am using PLI Jade. I have the box working and set up with a mount to my PC, but I am really confused about how I go about this Rytec epg setup.

In the download plug-ins menu there is not an option to install, could someone please point me to a tut or offer some help in getting this set up with this image?

Frenchman

well on my 500s with pli image i goto downloads then plugins, it brings all the plugins up then i just press ok on the 1 i want and it downloads it automatically and installs.

ooppps just realised I didn't make it very clear in my first post, I can download plugins ok, just there is not one for the rytec epg plugin. So looking for some help getting it done manually

Frenchman

Last edited:
arrr i get ya now, not really sure mate if its not in your plugins section, maybe it isnt available for the dm800, try updating to the latest menu see if its they then. have a look here aswell might help you out a little in terms of setting it up if you find it!

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/244466/

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuck already lol.

I have transferred the files to the temp dir and chmod to 777. Opened up a telnet session and tried to install the package as per instructions for non PLI uses, I know I am using PLI Jade, but the instructions don't seem to fit with what I have on my box.

Here is the telnet output.

root@dm800 /tmp # ipkg install python-compression*
Installing python-compression (2.5.1-ml4) to root...
Nothing to be done
Collected errors:
Multiple packages (python-compression and python-compression) providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER. Using latest.
Package python-compression md5sum mismatch. Either the ipkg or the package index are corrupt. Try 'ipkg update'.
root@dm800 /tmp #

Any ideas guys?

Frenchman

Why not just install OpenPli image and follow the instructions for that,
seems soooo much easier :)

Sorry I cant help with the error :(

yes could end up being the easier option, have posted on the Pli site also

Frenchman

Changed the image to openpli and it only took 5 mins to install following the tut, so all working now, and even fixed some audio issue I had on a few channels.

Cheers guys thanks for the help.

Frenchman

Back