help with recording

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hi chaps, followed the instructions of how to record from the dreambox but i get the following error.

CIFS mount 192.168.1.3/tv /hdd/movie FAILED

on this lap top here i have a folder called tv and thats shared on the network.

192.168.1.3 CIFS
tv
/hdd/movie
rw.soft.udp.nolock
nolock.rsize=8192.wsize=8192
username
userpassword

Automount on

Thanks chaps

bloddy hell this is doing my nut in now, i checked the hard drive and to my amazement there's an mv2 file and it's the cricket of staurday!

i have mounted the drive as that's telling me that it's mounted ok yet when i go to either timer record or video mode and then select record it tells me

Record failed due to inaccessable storage.

Now that folder is shared and i'm using vista i notice that the folder is read only and i can't change it, looking on some forums they say don't worry but that's got to be it surly?

yet i managed to record some cricket with out even knowing...???? but them files were just on the root of the c drive.......

ok this is working now i created a folder called movie and in that another folder callled movie and thats working.

The thing is it's recording ts files so i have one more question or maybe two...lol

How can i get divx films to play via it obviously i have to change the format of them which is the best proggy to use?

And also yesterday i had it recoding in mv2 files not that this is the end of the world but can the ts file be converted into mp3g with the sound?

Thanks

Back