Help with Phoenix

revans3

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I need some help. I have read all the tutorials on programming a funcard and am ready to do it. I have just bought a phoenix smartmouse (the serial port one) and have 2 funcards which I want to program. Ive plugged the programmer in via serial cable and loaded up nagraedit. I have no idea if the programmer is even working or if I am putting the cards in the right way!

If I try and read anything from either card I get this:

Opening of COM1 was successful
Reset failed
Error reseting card, ATR string invalid
Closing of COM1 was successful

This happens whether the card is inserted or not so would suggest a problem with the port or the programmer, I have tested the port and it works fine. The programmer didnt come with a power supply but what I have read on line suggests it doesnt need one? Is there anyway that anyone can help me verify that the programmer is working? Im sorry if this is a crap question but I am really stuck and I did read all the tutorials I could find before posting.

Thanks in advance for any help

phoenix programmer will not program funcards. You will need a multiprogrammer of a cheap funcard programmer.

tmc

did you get any software with the programmer mate .dont know the programmer your using but theres no need to use nagra for a funcard .use rstgen and input your details tick the provider your with and save as a myflash etc .open up your programmer and load flash then write and put new rst hex in hte inteep .should be that simple .

looks like post above answered the programmer question . ah well not so simple then

with the phoenix you can do the tit,opos and rom(mosc) cards.

tmc

Thanks TMC, if I read my TIT in the programmer will I wipe it?

ok will do, is there any way to check the programmer is working by using software alone?

Back