Help with Pace Box

kimigonzales

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys! I've got a problem with programming a funcard for my mates pace box. The thing is, he had a working tit 1 card in his box but this stopped working a while back. I took it off his hands to see if I could do anything with it. I read the tit 1 card and got his BK and IRD. Following leggoman's advice, I tried to program a funcard to see if this would work in his box before doing an auto-updater. I programmed the funcard 4, put it in his box but an error message came up saying that the smartcard has been inserted incorrectly and that I should take it out, give it a clean and place it in the slot face down. I did this but still no luck. I am getting the normal channels (1-4) but none of the subscription ones.

The thing is, my mates box has two slots in his box; one above the other. I placed the funcard in the lower slot as it did not fit into the upper one. It would just go right into the slot instead of it being held in place.

Anyway, I thought there might be a problem with the funcard so I programmed it for my own box and it worked perfectly, so I'm guessing it's a hardware problem. What doesn't make sense to me is that my mates box was working before but now all of a sudden, it's not.

When using RST gen, I tried the BK beginning with 12 and then ending with 12, but still no luck guys.

I'm pretty stuck now as to what the problem could be so any help and advice would be much appreciated.

PS - I assume that the BK and IRD for my mates box must be correct as his tit 1 that I read was working until a few months ago.

Thanks in advance guys!

: dragon : : shocked2

Check the ird on the scart soc and make sure it’s the same as on the tit, also what is the card status in the Engineer menu?

Sounds like you may also have a problem with the card slot if is going all the way in.
If that was the case the contacts on the card would not be in position with the contacts in the box.

L33tpL4y4 said:
Check the ird on the scart soc and make sure it’s the same as on the tit,
I'll do that when I get home mate. I didn't realise that the IRD would be on the scart socket.
L33tpL4y4 said:
also what is the card status in the Engineer menu?
How do I go about doing this mate?
PS - Thanks for the reply!

Lance said:
Sounds like you may also have a problem with the card slot if is going all the way in.
If that was the case the contacts on the card would not be in position with the contacts in the box.
It fits in perfectly in the lower slot mate. It's just the upper slot that's dodgy. Is it not meant to go into the lower one anyway?
PS - I wasn't in Istanbul but here's a smile anyway : big crow
5's great but you just know that number 6 in '06 will be even better! : party :

can some one help me plx i have a pace di1000t iv cut the talkback and when i put the box back on it comes on the tv but it gets stuck on (please wate loading data)

ensure youre net id and frequency are right in the eng menu ?

Back