help with hadu dvb viewer

scoobyjones1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Thanks to help from here I have now got my techno 6900 running well with a cline, but I would like to try it on my windows 7 pc using dvbviewer which would be better for recording. Can anyone help me to get this going please..or point me to a tutorial..I have searched everywhere... have put the 2 hadu files into the dvbviewer plugin folder but I dont know if I need any other software or how to enter the cline into hadu...is there a friendly genius out there please.....:proud:

Not used hadu in a while but when I did you had to edit the hadu config file in the plugin folder to point to your server:
[Serv_1]
Server=ccam:serveraddress:12000:0:username:password

Last edited:
[Serv_1]
Server=ccam:serveraddress:12000:0:username:password

Thats pretty much it !

Tag your server details on the end of the ini file and your pretty much done.

Remember that Hadu is only CCcam compatible. If your server uses a different protocol then you need a different plugin.

I tried hadu some time ago with dvbviewer and had limited success, it did work just not very well, from memory they had a newer version that you had to pay some chap for, I asked for the free trial but that didn't work either so gave up.

You guys have it working well?

Frenchman

Worked fine when i used to use it, channel change was sometimes a bit sluggish but wasnt sure if that was because of hadu or not.

It works fine and dandy. All you need is a good signal feed and a decent sever connected via a stable internet connection.

will give it another try, what version are you guys using?

Frenchman

I would prefer the other one : much more stable and works great with SSSP technomate.
From The Sis nagra Studio Team, HDVB 1.2.3
I think this is the last version

Last edited:
It doesnt have to be Hadu...I just need help finding the simplest way to get it going...I can use DVBviewer or DVBprog or DVBdream...then what else do I need..vplug? flycccam?, Hadu? Do I need an editor for hadu...I couldnt get the text to come up in the on screen monitor...could anyone please help with a step by step guide..it would be really useful to many people Im sure because to be able to record straight to my PC hard-drive would be really handy...thanks very much..:pimp:

Setting up Hadu is exceedingly simple !

There are only two files, Hadu.dll and Hadu.ini. Copy them both into your players plugins directory (this may be Plugins, MDplugins or Plugins/Pip01 for a proggy like ProgDVB that has PIP support)

You then need to edit the Hadu.ini file to include the details of your chosen server. Inside the ini file you will see several sections, each section begins with a header in square brackets (ie [General] )

In the general section, make sure the plugin is active -

[General]
PluginActive=1

then at the end of the file, add your server details

[Serv_whatevernameyouwanthere]
Server=CCCam:server.dnydns.org:serverport:0:name:password

All this can be extracted from your Cline and the meanings are -

server.dnydns.org = dns name of server or ip address of server (ie 1.2.3.4)
serverport = the connection port (ie 12000)
name = your login name
password = your login password

Once you've entered the Server line save the file (using the original name Hadu.ini)

Now run the TV app. Locate the menu item thats called something like "plugins" and select. You should see Hadu listed. You may have to select some enable in the menu. Once the plugin is enable you should be able to select "Monitor" which should bring up the monitor screen

At that point, you may have to select an encrypted channel on your TV app channel list (if you haven't already done so) and you should see the monitor window of Hadu give various bits of info regarding the ECM pids etc. It should also list the available servers and probably try to log into them (you may have to right click on an entry and select start and possibly enable).

If all your details are correct Hadu should now be logged into the server and you should see the returned CW's being received as well as a picture in your TV app.

ps, for editing the ini file just use any old editor like notepad or wordpad. Pretty much any editor you like will do the job.

Last edited:
Thanks Nozzer you are a star. I will try it tomorrow. So I dont need any other plug ins...just Hadu and my c line?

still need some help please

I tried it as you explained but can't get it to work...I have entered the server details in the hadu text file...and selected a scrambled channel..but when I monitor Hadu nothing is showing as far as servers/URLs...where am I going wrong? Do I need another plug in to get DVBviewer to see my router? I have also tried Flycccam...same result...Any suggestions very welcome !!!!

Re: still need some help please

Did you mis the :0: out of the c:line. it wont work if you have. although it is'nt in your original line

Re: still need some help please

oh forgot to mention that you have to put this line into your config too. use the square brackets too.
[Serv_whateveryouwishforyourservername]
i put it above my c:line

this was mentioned by nozzer..

Last edited:
I put in the :0 thanks, yes...and the square brackets...nothing is showing on the hadu monitor...is there an easier way...a different dvb software maybe...a better method than Hadu? this is driving me crazy....or a step by step guide...install dvbviewer then add hadu into plug in folder etc....thats what would do it...please someone who knows how???

Last edited:
Got it working!! Many thanks for all your help guys...I recommend using the Hadu server editor...makes life easier...plus I had put in the port number wrong...idiot!!
Now to see if it records ok....

Cool, what version of Hadu are you using, will need to get the latest version myself, are they still charging for it?

Frenchman

I dont recall which version...but it is easy to find...just google around..I think I had to register at another forum...

You should use Version Beta 0.1.2.5, it is a lot more stable than the older versions, working well now with DVBviewer.

Back