help with funcard logging

bobby boy

Inactive User
Reaction score
trying 2 log with funcard read the tut's i put the right files on funcard and left 2 cook 4 30 mins funcard is full but what do i do next i try putting the ext. in the prepl file it does nothing and don't know what to do with the emm studio what files you meant 2 b opening or what pls help or is it me being a thicko

Satch

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi,

Well I'll try and point you in the right direction (But Since The change by the cable company on the cards) I can't get this method to work?

Are you doing This
5) Save the external eeprom from the fun and save as exteep.hex in the same folder as prepPML.exe.

Then This,
6) Double-click on prepPML.exe or execute from a cmd window and a file called log.txt will appear in the same
folder.

Then This,
7) Load the log.txt into EMMStudio and follow the jim11 logging guide in the d/l section

Hope It helps a wee bit?

Last edited:

bobby boy

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok saved my extteep got my text file open up emmstiudio i put a bn.10 image here does this image have to have my bk+ird when i run update keys the program says read emm no response get this from all emm's so no k*y change am i doing something wrong i'm in pure hell

fatblerk

Inactive User
Reaction score
bobby boy said:
ok saved my extteep got my text file open up emmstiudio i put a bn.10 image here does this image have to have my bk+ird when i run update keys the program says read emm no response get this from all emm's so no k*y change am i doing something wrong i'm in pure hell

You're not doing anything wrong m8, EMMstudio 3.0 isn't picking up the new key changes since the cc's changed the key change method. The software will require updating to take this into account .....

bobby boy

Inactive User
Reaction score
has any body got the update for this they must have if you can logg if so will it work with the funcard method surly it is just a new keys and knowns settings you need can you let me know thanks

nozzer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I think you need to apply a fix to the ROM10 image used by EmmStudio so that the MAP call used in the keyroll returns non-zero data to memory locations $0120-$0122.

I'm sure the details have already been posted somewhere on the board.

Last edited:

bobby boy

Inactive User
Reaction score
it sounds daft but how do i adjust the rom 10 image in emmstudio because you cannot do it in nigra edit the file is 2 big it's something like 23kb and another 1 in emmstudio which says rom 10 disam this is 1,140kb done a search cannot find a rom 10 image 4 emmstudio confused

bobby boy

Inactive User
Reaction score
found out now i can adjust the rom 10 image in emmstudio using notepad but don't know what lines i have to change to recoize the new emm change?help anybody

theoracle

Inactive User
Reaction score
fatblerk said:
You're not doing anything wrong m8, EMMstudio 3.0 isn't picking up the new key changes since the cc's changed the key change method. The software will require updating to take this into account .....
Anyone know when the cable companies changed the key change method?

fatblerk

Inactive User
Reaction score
theoracle said:
Anyone know when the cable companies changed the key change method?

Oct -Nov last year for Ntl & TW, about 2 weeks ago for exc&w ....

Reaction score

i just log with cw.hex in flash,leave in stb for 10 mins.put fun4 into reader,load script into winxp and run.copy and paste out-put into EMM-S and press decrypt.

Pimped

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
so i have to update my emmstudio 3.0 to be able to read the new keys?

or can i just copy and paste in the EMM's from the exteep into EMMstudio instead?

TEST