Help with first sammy box

lagerlout

Inactive User
Reaction score
I recently swapped my modded pace for a unmodded sammy box. I dont have access to the stream at the moment but wanted to get the box ready for when I have. The box had two stickers underneath one is the Ird and the other I was hoping might be the BK?? Could I be this lucky?
It begins in S0 and gives me a 16 digit hex number.
Do all sammys have two stickers underneath?
When I put in the rom 10 I first got a mute error, I reprogrammed it realising I had put in the bk wrong and now I just get com error could I have a dodgy card I got it from ebay and its very scorched.
Any help would be really appriciated :Cheers:

Are you sure that the number I have couldnt be my BK mate because it seems an awful coincidence that I have a number beginning S0 (like the sticker on the cardboard box you get with a new one) and also giving me a 16 digit number when converted??
Also if i programme the card with just 0's or a random number for the Bk it says mute or null. When I put it the number underneath It says com error as if the problem is not with the bk.

UPDATE : I used a different file for the card and it now says 'please wait' in the card status. Can anyone who has a sammy tell me if this is what its meant to say when the ntl stream is not plugged in ?

Given the box to a mate today to use until I move back to my new flat. I programmed in the Bk using the number I found under the box and when he turned it on it did an update. No smart card error message came up on the screen but the card didnt au either. I'm going to try manually entering the keys tomorrow when he brings me back the card but in the mean time, can anyone tell me if this sounds like I've got the right BK? What would it do if it was wrong? Would it say smart card not paired like it does on the pace box? Cheers Guys

HomerJ said:
Given the box to a mate today to use until I move back to my new flat. I programmed in the Bk using the number I found under the box and when he turned it on it did an update. No smart card error message came up on the screen but the card didnt au either. I'm going to try manually entering the keys tomorrow when he brings me back the card but in the mean time, can anyone tell me if this sounds like I've got the right BK? What would it do if it was wrong? Would it say smart card not paired like it does on the pace box? Cheers Guys

HiYa,

If the BK is wrong you will get blank screen.

It's the Ird that gives the paired unpaired bit.

As for the numbers on the box I have no idea? there was a bit of talk about this B4 but not confirmed.

Fingers crossed 4ya.

unfortunately the numbers on the bottom of the box are the same as on the pace, they are just reference numbers that the engineers use, they input the numbers on the bottom of the box and on the card into there laptop then these numbers are used to pair the boxes

Yup your right, had to try it anyway. Just seemed a 16 digit hex had to be the BK but no it didnt work. I tried two cards one with no keys in which gave me the unsubscibed message and another with the keys in which gave me a black screen. Oh well looks like its time to get me a Jtag!

edit: typo

Last edited:
Back