help with files

notanotherone

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi there i have searched around forum looking for how to edit bouquets and service files what i want to do is be able to re-name service files ,put them in order (e.g bbc1 in #1, bbc2#2 itv#3 so on and so on)i found bouquets editor but not sure how to use it played about with it but coudnt get files to save or look the same as my own ones ,tried cooktop but it changed the format of my exsisting file .xml looked nothing like the ones i have, the reason i am asking is i used gav new image done a service scan it found 299 tv channels and 39 radio channels but they all have things like nod67 or sk8 but when you switch on box they come up with itv 1 itv 2 and the likes can this be done with all this??

search for "bouquet wizard" that looks like a good tool.
or do it via the web interface of the dbox.
or dl the files from the dbox edite them and upload them again.
i think they are in /var/tuxbox/zapit but not to sure as my bxo is offline.

cooltool have downloaded bouquets wizard as well dont really understand it or it just doesnt like me cant save anything

You can edit the services and bouquets files using wordpad. They are actually in /var/tuxbox/config/zapit.

Open your services file using wordpad...you'll get loads of lines like this...

<transponder id="0003" onid="f020" frequency="339000000" inversion="2" symbol_rate="6952000" fec_inner="3" modulation="3">
<channel service_id="0439" name="MTV2" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="043a" name="MTV UK" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="043b" name="VH1" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="043e" name="MTV Hits" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="043f" name="MTV Base" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="0440" name="VH1 Classic" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="0441" name="Paramount Comedy" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="0443" name="The Music Factory" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="044b" name="VH2" service_type="01"/>
<channel service_id="04d3" name="MTV Dance" service_type="01"/>
</transponder>

The transponders can be in any order inside the services.xml file.
The bouquets.xml file looks like this...

<Bouquet name="Music" hidden="0" locked="0">
<channel serviceID="04cd" name="Kerrang" tsid="0011" onid="f020"/>
<channel serviceID="04ca" name="Kiss" tsid="0007" onid="f020"/>
<channel serviceID="04ce" name="Magic" tsid="0011" onid="f020"/>
<channel serviceID="043f" name="MTV Base" tsid="0003" onid="f020"/>
<channel serviceID="04d3" name="MTV Dance" tsid="0003" onid="f020"/>
<channel serviceID="043e" name="MTV Hits" tsid="0003" onid="f020"/>
<channel serviceID="043a" name="MTV UK" tsid="0003" onid="f020"/>
<channel serviceID="0439" name="MTV2" tsid="0003" onid="f020"/>
<channel serviceID="04dc" name="Performance Channel" tsid="0001" onid="f020"/>
<channel serviceID="04cb" name="Q" tsid="0005" onid="f020"/>
<channel serviceID="04cc" name="Smash Hits" tsid="0011" onid="f020"/>
<channel serviceID="04c9" name="The Box" tsid="0005" onid="f020"/>
<channel serviceID="0493" name="THE HITS" tsid="0014" onid="f020"/>
<channel serviceID="0443" name="The Music Factory" tsid="0003" onid="f020"/>
<channel serviceID="043b" name="VH1" tsid="0003" onid="f020"/>
<channel serviceID="0440" name="VH1 Classic" tsid="0003" onid="f020"/>
<channel serviceID="044b" name="VH2" tsid="0003" onid="f020"/>
</Bouquet>

This part is the music section...each channel has a different service id and not all of the music channels are on the same transponder, i.e. MTV Base is tsid=3, The Box is tsid=5.

It's a lot easier to find someone elses bouquet file and edit it rather than create one from scratch. Maybe download one from the download section to see the format. If you want to move the music section to the start, all you have to do is cut the section and paste it at the top of the file.

Remember and save every so often or you could end up doing it all over again.

Hope this helps!

devilfish thanks for your help(yet again)when i open .xml file it has like re writing and blue writing but the cooktop xml file looks entirley different the symbol it uses and format will not allow me to open service files and buoquets i have downloade its only when i remove it that the file seems to work i wan to try and do it so i can post upto date files for a change rather than me just taking someone elses hard work(want to give back rather than just take)do you no what i mean?its only fair i should contribute with my little piece

The "Bouquet Wizard" software needs to be updated to allow it to save the files properly. You need to download the bouquets.xml AND services.xml files from the DBOX and save them to your desktop, then open them in bouquet wizard.

If you're having problem then you can send me your services.xml file and I'll start off a bouquet file for you using the software, which you can then finish off.

Liam.

liam ,now i know why i like being on this forum,ill try and play around with it myself 2night if i cant get anywhere ill send them to you cheers m8

hi guys just wanted to say i have sussed it all out sat down and worked it all out on how to do it its really easy when you think about it (i can hear liam saying i told you so)cheers to everyone who replied

Back