Help with DVB-C, Plugins and Nagra 2 decryption.

RainOne

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there everybody.

I've been researching on the issue for at least one year by now, and I still can't find any proper information that would either explain to me why I can't do it or what am I doing wrong. This message board looks friendly enough, so I'll try to find my answers here once again.

Ok. So, for about two years now, I've been watching the FTA channels on my Cable Provider on my HTPC without any issues. All the other channels were encoded in Nagra 2, so I could watch them on my main TV with my proper decoder, so it was never an issue.

Last year, at the same time they started rolling out HD channels encrypted in Nagra 3, they started encrypting those FTA channels with both Nagra 2 and Nagra 3. Since i've been researching the issue for about one entire year, i'm quite aware that the Nagra 3 channels (mostly the HD ones) can't be decrypted. However, the Nagra 2 channels can.

I know they can because there are numerous "unlocked" decoders with all the Nagra 2 channels wide open. I've gathered the required Nagra 2 keys from these decoders. However, I can't figure out, for the life of me, how to apply these keys to my HTPC. I've tried multiple plugins (vkeys, n3xt, fenrir/yankse) and I can never decode the Nagra 2 channels.

I have a regular cable box provided by the cable company and I don't have a Card Reader. However, I have access to the Nagra 2 keys (as I mentioned earlier, as there's a big illegal decoder market, one I do not which to participate).

One thing I noticed, while observing VPlug and N3XT behavior, is that the encrypted channels I try to tune into have an always changing ProviderID. My "region" is 3911, however, no channel ever displays that specific Provider ID. They keep changing, and the plugin never matches those provider ID to the keys provided by me. Doing some research, this seems to be the problem with my entire system. However, I can't find any information on why this keeps changing or why is it no matching the keys provided by me.

I've tried to research into "autoroll" and "ECM Decryption" (as pointed out by VPlug and N3XT), however I could never find any documentation or pointers for me to understand what do they do.

I know it's possible, by software only, to decode these channels. Maybe i'm missing some key part of the puzzle (as the illegal decoders I mentioned earlier no longer work with a simple Key update. They require some sort of Firmware Flashing. I have no idea what are the changes on that firmware).

If anybody has ANY information, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm mostly just trying to understand why is it so hard for me to watch these channels I paid for with a software solution on my PC, specially when I have the keys required for decryption.

Thanks in advance and I'm sorry if I broke any rules. I read them, so I don't think I did. But then again, english is no my main language and I could have misunderstood some of them.

Hi there everybody.

I've been researching on the issue for at least one year by now, and I still can't find any proper information that would either explain to me why I can't do it or what am I doing wrong. This message board looks friendly enough, so I'll try to find my answers here once again.

Ok. So, for about two years now, I've been watching the FTA channels on my Cable Provider on my HTPC without any issues. All the other channels were encoded in Nagra 2, so I could watch them on my main TV with my proper decoder, so it was never an issue.

Last year, at the same time they started rolling out HD channels encrypted in Nagra 3, they started encrypting those FTA channels with both Nagra 2 and Nagra 3. Since i've been researching the issue for about one entire year, i'm quite aware that the Nagra 3 channels (mostly the HD ones) can't be decrypted. However, the Nagra 2 channels can.

I know they can because there are numerous "unlocked" decoders with all the Nagra 2 channels wide open. I've gathered the required Nagra 2 keys from these decoders. However, I can't figure out, for the life of me, how to apply these keys to my HTPC. I've tried multiple plugins (vkeys, n3xt, fenrir/yankse) and I can never decode the Nagra 2 channels.

I have a regular cable box provided by the cable company and I don't have a Card Reader. However, I have access to the Nagra 2 keys (as I mentioned earlier, as there's a big illegal decoder market, one I do not which to participate).

One thing I noticed, while observing VPlug and N3XT behavior, is that the encrypted channels I try to tune into have an always changing ProviderID. My "region" is 3911, however, no channel ever displays that specific Provider ID. They keep changing, and the plugin never matches those provider ID to the keys provided by me. Doing some research, this seems to be the problem with my entire system. However, I can't find any information on why this keeps changing or why is it no matching the keys provided by me.

I've tried to research into "autoroll" and "ECM Decryption" (as pointed out by VPlug and N3XT), however I could never find any documentation or pointers for me to understand what do they do.

I know it's possible, by software only, to decode these channels. Maybe i'm missing some key part of the puzzle (as the illegal decoders I mentioned earlier no longer work with a simple Key update. They require some sort of Firmware Flashing. I have no idea what are the changes on that firmware).

If anybody has ANY information, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm mostly just trying to understand why is it so hard for me to watch these channels I paid for with a software solution on my PC, specially when I have the keys required for decryption.

Thanks in advance and I'm sorry if I broke any rules. I read them, so I don't think I did. But then again, english is no my main language and I could have misunderstood some of them.

I'm probably going to be talking to myself here considering your post above is over 2 months old and your one and only post !!!!!!!
I don't think UK actually got N2, maybe Ireland did from what I remember.

People used vplug amongst many others to decode N1 in the uk with cable cards, open vplugs monitor the CA-ID is usually the encryption system, 1800 = N1, 1841 = N3 in the UK.
P-ID for your area should be available from your cable box, 3911 don't sound like a P-ID to me going off what the uk P-IDs were, the ECM is different on each channel (I think). I would be looking into verifying the correct P-ID first.

Tune into a N2 channel first before entering P-IDs and keys with vplug.
Make sure you have the latest version of vplug

How do you know the P-ID for your area ?
How do you know that the channel is N2 or N3 ?

Back