help with dbox

axel1f

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all
i have a dbox that has hanged at the debug screen on the lcd.at the bottom of the screen it says kein system.the box did work but tried to change image as the first image did not give me any channels. i use sportster 1.76 x2 than tried to change it to cryo sportster17.anyone got any help to get the box going again

help

download ifa run it with a null modem attached to com1 and back of dbox then locate to image click ok then insert powerlead into dbox then press up and standby on the front of the dbox then hopefully it will reflash itself wait till is all done then reboot and try and dont forget to use the right image 2x or 1x

storey999 said:
download ifa run it with a null modem attached to com1 and back of dbox then locate to image click ok then insert powerlead into dbox then press up and standby on the front of the dbox then hopefully it will reflash itself wait till is all done then reboot and try and dont forget to use the right image 2x or 1x
Sorry to butt in but I need your help urgently or I'll throw this box in the bin!!! My Dbox2 basically won't flash at all. I have followed 2-3 different guides and used a lot of different options (Command centre + IFA) but the LCD on my box is constantly stuck on Kein System although on a few occasions when I try standby + up the kein system goes away. According to the guides I have read Flashing is supposed to appear when the box is diong something. I did purchase a nullmodem cable but not knowing anything about these I got the wrong 1 (9 to 25 - instead of 9 to 9 I believe!).
After reading a few posts I even tried pinging my Dbox and got 'request timed out' so I know there must be a bigger problem somewhere else.
Box originally did boot up and got tech details from it but I then used the wrong boot option by mistake. Think I may have booted from all partitions, so thought I better re-flash, then the problems have started.
I really could do with a detailed step-by-step guide (even from the network connection bit!!) or some really good technical advice - please!!
I am beginning to get very frustrated with the whole thing so if you could reply to this message or PM me and I'll give you my email address or even better speak to you in person, I would be very grateful.

found this intro to dbox which might help - please ensure that when using xp that the firewall is disabled .

TOOLS REQ,
1,DBOX2 IN DEBUG MODE WITH NEUTRINO INSTALLED,
2,RJ45 CROSSOVER CABLE.
3.PC(this was done using winxp)with a network card.
SOFTWARE-
FLASH FXP(30 day trial version works fine).
A GOOD CLEAN IMAGE(IE boxcracker,sportster,zorge,etc)
BOUQUETS AND SERVICE FILES FOR YOUR AREA,
LETS GET STARTED-
To make this easier, setup your tv/box close to your pc so that you have easy access to the back of both to change cables around.
1.PC SETUP-create a system restore point on your pc as you will have to change the ip settings.unplug your internet connection to avoid conflict. Switch of all firewalls and antivirus on your pc ensure windows xps built in firewall is off
2.Switch on your dbox and tv don’t hook it up to your pc yet .press dbox on your remote, go to settings then network,
Take a note of your settings.-ie(this is an example only)
Ip-address 192.168.0.3
Netmask 255.255.255.0
Broadcast 192.168.0.255
Default gateway 192.168.0.2
name server 192.168.0.2
3.on your pc go to start-control panel-network connections,right click on your network card go to properties,go to
Configure,go to advanced tab,on the drop down menu under value it will probably say automode use the dropdown menu and change to 10 full mode then ok.next go back to properties on you network card,left click on internet protocol when its highlighted
Click properties.
Click on the use following ip address.copy every thing as you seen it on your dbox with the exeption of the ip address
Take one digit of the last number(ie-dbox 192.168.0.3 so use 192.168.0.2 on your pc).
4.connect your rj45 cable to pc and box,open flashfxp programme,on one side should be your pcs files on the other make sure you select ftp browser (the tab is a monitor and folder picture).it might already be selected.click connect ,it looks like a lightening bolt,
Select quick connect-three boxes here need filling in-
SERVER OR URL-KEY IN THE IP ADDRESS OF THE DBOX
USERNAME-root
PASSWORD-dbox2
Then click connect,you shoul now see the dbox files in the window.(if not check your ip settings).
5.on the pc file window go to the folder containing the image you are going to use,(IE SPORTSTER ETC)
On the dbox window look for the folder TMP, (YOU MIGHT ALREADY BE IN IT).
TRANSFER YOUR IMAGE INTO THE TMP FOLDER ,after it has transferred go to the dbox.
6.using the remote press DBOX-SERVICE-SOFTWARE UPDATE-EXPERT FUNCTIONS-WRITE ONE PARTITION-
FLASH WITHOUT BOOTLOADER,select the image you are going to use,select yes to flash,the dbox will start to flash this will only take a couple of minutes,the box will switch itself off,
CONGRATS YOU’VE FLASHED YOUR BOX.now to add some channels
7.go back to number 2 as your dboxs ip may have changed do the same again take a note etc if so change the settings on your pc
As shown in number 3.
8.now go back to the pc and recconect your pc to dbox with flash remember the ip address of the box may have changed,
Once connected on the pc window look for your service and bouquets files,on the dbox window
Open these folders /VAR/TUXBOX/CONFIG/ZAPIT/ TRANSFER YOUR SEVICES AND BOUQUET FILES TO HERE.
SWITCH OF YOUR DBOX TURN BACK ON AND THAT’S ALL YOUR CHANNELS INSTALLED.
REMEMBER TO TRY AND USE A SERVICE/BOUQUET FILE FOR YOUR AREA IF POSS.

Forget flashxp. A box with kein system don't hold a os anymore and there is no server you can ftp to.
IFA is the only possibility.

@Scottf1 & Axel1f

You have Kein System on the box because the wrong type of image has been flashed, i.e. a x1 image on a x2 box and vice versa.

IFA is pretty simple to use. A couple of things to check first...

Make sure ALL firewalls are disabled...especially Norton.
Close down Norton if you have to!
Turn Windows firewall off too.
Make sure it's a crossover ethernet cable you have and not a standard straight through cable.

You don't need a null-modem cable to flash the box...this cable allows you to see the comms in the output window. It's good if you have problems though, as you can see what the errors are.

Set your network card properties to:

IP address: 192.168.1.1
Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0

Using IFA...

Turn your box off.
Run IFA
Select image you want to flash...make sure it's in the correct format, i.e. x1 or x2.
Select the correct network card you are using.
If using a null-modem cable, set to comm1, if not, set to no.
Select Start then OK (if running SP2 you may have to click Unblock)
Right after to click ok...turn the box on.
It should then say FLASHING on the lcd.

Flashing should take about 2mins on a x2 box but can take up to 15mins on a x1 Sagem box.

It should say FLASHING DONE when finished.
Reboot box.

Some links...

IFA Tutorial here
IFA Program here
Sportster x1 Image here
Sportster x2 Image here

Hope this helps folks!

Back