Help with DB500C setup

to change the cams or restart them press the blue button try in there or try an image called dwuk01 with new tuner fix on page 2 of the downloads , iknow its a pain in the arse lol ,or it could be your dreambox i guess:FRIGHT:

Thanks, I worked that out last night but made no difference at all when I swapped cams and restarted.

I'll try dwuk01 when I get home from work tonight.

had similar problem with two boxes i had audio going out of sync and poor video. Under setup/expert setup untick enable fast zapping then reboot , sorted audio and improved the picture.

I'm not 100% but pretty certain that fast zapping was off by default with DW1.61 and turned on with Genmini 3.40. Neither made a difference.
I'll have another look this evening though to be sure.
Thanks.

have you tried cryo's neutrino ?

I've not but am willing to try anything to get this little package working. I'll give it a whirl this evening. Until then the Eurovox Max is back in place with a poor mans widescreen :(

I have had these problems myself and have found that the fake 500s are just as weak with signal as some original 500s (need a booster) this as i see it is a qaulity control problem that dream-media should of addressed ages ago considering there background and knowledge of these things !

Also (i am TW) ive noticed my signal is all over the place lately ? ever since the virgin media thing ! even my tv-drive (rented) has brocken pictures from time to time !

In conclusion

1 : 500c (fake or original need a booster lately ?)

2: rented box also having problems @ the moment ?

Anyway hope this helps somehow and good luck with it.

My signal is excellent though, surely that shouldn't need boosting? (SNR 94%, AGC 45% BER 0).

Wouldn't a signal problem break the picture and the sound? My sound is vvveeerrryyyyy sssllloooowwww (best way to describe it, not a made typo!) and out of sync by a couple of seconds.
I remember when I had Sky digital and a poorly alligned dish, so low signal. Picture broke up and sound just fizzed and popped, it certainly didn't go at half speed.

Cable in genral poor since virgin taken over.

Don't know if it's just me but never had any problems with cable before, but since virgin has taken over have had problems with both tv and Internet, sorry came to the discussion late and am probably going over old ground. for problem boxes have always found diorj.3 image the best.

Don't know if it's just me but never had any problems with cable before, but since virgin has taken over have had problems with both tv and Internet, sorry came to the discussion late and am probably going over old ground. for problem boxes have always found diorj.3 image the best.

I've just diorj 0.6 so I'll see how that goes when its found all channels.
TBH I really don't think I'll get this working :(

I emailed dvb-shop24 last night but as yet haven't received a reply. I'm curious as to what he thinks could be wrong.

I've just diorj 0.6 so I'll see how that goes when its found all channels.
TBH I really don't think I'll get this working :(

As expected, speech still very sssslllloooowwww :(

Just used an erase image and am now in the process of using DreamUP to reload DW1.61 (flash erase too). I guess I've nothing to lose by trying different combinations.

Last edited:
Try attenuators,i need to use a 6db downstairs and nothing upstairs.

Would a signal problem cause slow speech though?

Didn't somebody received a non working 500C recently, problem being the tuner had become unseated during transport?
Could that be a possibility?

Last edited:
As expected, speech still very sssslllloooowwww :(

Just used an erase image and am now in the process of using DreamUP to reload DW1.61 (flash erase too). I guess I've nothing to lose by trying different combinations.

That didn't work either - still the same slow speech and picture breakup.

Now trying Neutrino dream plus ultra 0.9b.
If that doesn't work and attenuators are really a possibility then I guess I'll order a couple and see how that goes.

[EDIT] That image didn't work either, still slow speech :(

Last edited:
Try a original DMM image and check the free channels.
If you get the same problems and good signal readings the box is faulty.

Try a original DMM image and check the free channels.
If you get the same problems and good signal readings the box is faulty.

Good idea, I assume by an original DMM image you mean the original 109?

[EDIT] That won't work as it's not a UK image so doesn't pick up UK transponders.

Last edited:
A simple network scan via manual scan and the default frequency of your area give you all channels.
For instance:

Frequency: 00651
Modulation: 64-QAM
Symbol Rate: 06887
Inversion unticked
FEC: 3/4

x network search

A simple network scan via manual scan and the default frequency of your area give you all channels.
For instance:

Frequency: 00651
Symbol Rate: 06887
Inversion unticked

x network search

Anybody know the details for UK NTL?

Last edited:
00667 for the frequency and 06952 for the symbol rate.

00667 for the frequency and 06952 for the symbol rate.

Still doesnt find anything. After a second or two it displays the message that the transponder scan has finished and found no transponders, tv services, radio services and data services. 1 transponder with 0 services scanned.

Frequency: 00667
Symbol Rate: 06952
Inversion unticked

x network search (NIT)

Back