help with DB 500c

mac's TV

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
I cannot access the tuxbox commander on my remote and have heard there is a way of downloading a file which stops you from having to input the new keys at every change, can someone in the know advise, I'm not very technically minded but willing to give it a try, I have a ethernet cable and am looking for an idiots step by step guide. Any help will be appreciated.

your dm500c should be connected to the internet then access the blue panel by prssing the blue button thn go to addon and then pluggings and then download thw tuxbox command. make sure the setting for the ip address of the 500c is correct.

Thanks for the reply, the situation I am at just now is, I have the ethernet cable plugged into connection 2 of my router and the other in the serial port of the DB, this is the only connection I have so far, the DB has no power and is not connected to the TV or PC monitor. How do I get the IP address for the DB, also when I try to open files from the download section the PC is using word program to open and I cannot read them, do you know how I change this, told you I'm a noob at this. Many thanks

Thanks for the reply, the situation I am at just now is, I have the ethernet cable plugged into connection 2 of my router and the other in the serial port of the DB, this is the only connection I have so far, the DB has no power and is not connected to the TV or PC monitor. How do I get the IP address for the DB, also when I try to open files from the download section the PC is using word program to open and I cannot read them, do you know how I change this, told you I'm a noob at this. Many thanks

Did you say you have no power, not going to be able to do much without that.

Also what image are you using ?

have power and ethernet cable. Don't know if this is correct, but can't connect when trying to reflash through dreamup.

Mac what OS are you using on your PC?

I might be possible for me to use remote assistance to help you out

Using windows 98 upstairs or could use windows XP

Different flavours of XP can do different things so:-

go to the xp machine and try this

To start Remote Assistance
Click Start, and then click Help and Support.
Click Invite a friend to connect to your computer with Remote Assistance.

and tell me what happens

Get 2 boxes, 1 use windows messenger and the other outlook express with a blank email field

Sent you may have to add me to your friends in messenger

Back