Help with a SB4100... Diffrent board than whats in all the tutorials?

stickybuds

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a SB4100 that wont flash with just Netboot so i went to connect my max232 but the Rx and Tx points are missing?

There is a 4 pin header above with led's and 1 of the pins on that header is marked VCC, so i got out my multi-meter and found that the pin next to the vcc pin is ground and that there is 3.3v in the vcc pin. so i conected my max 232 to the pin header VCC and Ground pins and tried the other 2 pins on the header with the Rx and Tx wires of the 232 but i get nothing in tera term with Rx and Tx both ways round.

I have flashed 4100's both thru netboot and with a serial cable before loads of times but have never come across this board before.

I have attached a pic for you to look at so maybe someone can help me out abit.

Cheers... Stickybuds.

I have a SB4100 that wont flash with just Netboot so i went to connect my max232 but the Rx and Tx points are missing?

There is a 4 pin header above with led's and 1 of the pins on that header is marked VCC, so i got out my multi-meter and found that the pin next to the vcc pin is ground and that there is 3.3v in the vcc pin. so i conected my max 232 to the pin header VCC and Ground pins and tried the other 2 pins on the header with the Rx and Tx wires of the 232 but i get nothing in tera term with Rx and Tx both ways round.

I have flashed 4100's both thru netboot and with a serial cable before loads of times but have never come across this board before.

I have attached a pic for you to look at so maybe someone can help me out abit.

Cheers... Stickybuds.
well thats a strange 1, what firmware is on it ? this looks like its might be a job for Koevoet but in the mean time if ur in a hurry u can always try the bitfile method.

Here are the pin outs for that specific revision.

Regards

Thanks Koevoet, i did try that a few days ago with no luck. Tried again today and its worked. I made my own max232 and its a couple of years old now so time to get a new 1.

Back