help!!trying to tfer files from pc to dbox!

kizer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi folks,
Trying to send over a new bouqet and services file from pc to dbox using flashfxp,getting error saying file failed to transfer,can send files back to pc from box ok,is dbox write protected? if so how do i fix?

have you set your pc's network card to match the ip of box?

no i set the ip of pc to 192.168.0.23 and dbox is 192.168.0.24,it connects ok but when sending files over to dbox it fails,getting as far as overite file message when i choose overwrite it fails to transfer the files!!!

must be something silly!!!

i take it when you are connected to flash fxp on the left side you can see your computer files with the service files and bouquets and on the right side you can see tuxbox/config/zapit the zapit file is where it should go ,if you can see them then right click and then scroll to transfer file, at the bottom you should see a yellow transfer bar it will start at 10% 20% so on so on until it reaches file transfered

Yeah it all looks the same as you describe mate,just keeps failing when trying to transfer over to dbox,maybe try another ftp program,c if that helps!!cheers!

If you are using windows xp, open internet explorer and type ftp://192.168.0.24 (making sure you are conected to the box).

You may be asked to enter name (root) & password (dbox or dbox2). Then go to the zapit folder and drag and drop the new services and bouqets files.

Let me know how you get on,

de_deej

If you can copy from box to pc but not from pc to box i think you will find its because your dbox memory is full, if this is the case then only way out is to re-flash box.

de_deej said:
If you are using windows xp, open internet explorer and type ftp://192.168.0.24 (making sure you are conected to the box).
You may be asked to enter name (root) & password (dbox or dbox2). Then go to the zapit folder and drag and drop the new services and bouqets files.
Let me know how you get on,
de_deej

still no joy mate,error says-make sure you have permission to put files on server.
I may add I am only trying to copy over the original files ,i have not flashed the box ,this was done previously and box is working great,just missing some channels ,even getting message when trying to copy over bruteforce!!:mad:

also says 200 binary it is then
200 port command successful.consider using pasv
533 could not create file.

Use flashxp and
see if it will let you transfer them to the \tmp folder...not the right place for them but just curious to see if will let you.

fergalsworld,it does that no problem,so that would rule out a memory issue eh?..

I find that i have to delete the file from the dbox before i transfer from the pc using FlashFXP - always seems to work then..

Transfer a new image into the /tmp folder
make sure its the right one 1x or 2x depending on how many chips you have.
Dont reboot
then using your remote flash the new image on to your box
Hope this helps.

ok mate,is there a quick way to tell how many chips r in the box without opening the box?cheers!!

are you using next gen image? i couldnt overwrite on nextgen . use a sportster image from the downloads.

use a torch or get under the light look thru the top grill for intel chips will be together if theres 2

goochtyke said:
use a torch or get under the light look thru the top grill for intel chips will be together if theres 2

can see 2 chips on the middle of the board saying c cube on then,cant see any intel's??

Are these the chips mate?..cheers!!

Would open the thing up but I dont have a proper driver ,looks like some sort of hex tool req!!

Guys,Thanks very much for all your great help this evening,box flashed with the new sportster image and all files have been transfered,well done gav on the new image,looks cool ,I'm going for a beer ,think I need one!!!:Cheers:

Thanks once again!!

Back