HELP Teleport and error code 1014

k-net2020

Inactive User
Reaction score
Howdy,
Pace 4000 with AU Atmega worked without probs till I got the TP letter this morning, subbed box has updated and now my other simply has died.

I have tried a reboot (warm) & another fu card etc but keep getting error code 1014 (cannot acquire channel map) but the sub box working fine. Eng menu shows PPV error which is expcted but card status simply hangs on Please wait. Have tried withe the latest TW RST from 07/11 but simply get channel 705 and a blank screen

Any ideas pop pickers as the missus will be home soon (& the kids :-( )

k-net2020 said:
Howdy,
Pace 4000 with AU Atmega worked without probs till I got the TP letter this morning, subbed box has updated and now my other simply has died.
I have tried a reboot (warm) & another fu card etc but keep getting error code 1014 (cannot acquire channel map) but the sub box working fine. Eng menu shows PPV error which is expcted but card status simply hangs on Please wait. Have tried withe the latest TW RST from 07/11 but simply get channel 705 and a blank screen
Any ideas pop pickers as the missus will be home soon (& the kids :-( )
check the netid page 2
and the default frequency page 1 engineers menu

Hi,
Net id has changed by 1 on subbed box def freq is the same, so if I change the net id it should work?

Is your box a 4000N or a 4000T? If it's a 4000N running CR1 software then you'll hit problems with Teleport

hi bammy, yep it's a 4000N running CR1 software, I am still trying to set the net id with the FC method, not managed it yet but working on it have been able to reset the netid etc but keep getting err11/12/16 but thats something I can work at.

What sort of problems do you mean?

Have now managed to switch the net id/freq using the FC update method but still nothing. I can only assume then my box 4000n cr1 is DEAD :-(

bammy said:
Is your box a 4000N or a 4000T? If it's a 4000N running CR1 software then you'll hit problems with Teleport

Care to expand on this so others can know....

A 4000N is a exC&W NTL box. It used to be possible to run these in Telewest areas by 'downgrading' the firmware to C&W CR1 but this will NOT work with the latest (i.e. Teleport) Telewest release.

You will need to either flash the atmel with Telewest firmware or get another box.

bammy said:
A 4000N is a exC&W NTL box. It used to be possible to run these in Telewest areas by 'downgrading' the firmware to C&W CR1 but this will NOT work with the latest (i.e. Teleport) Telewest release.
You will need to either flash the atmel with Telewest firmware or get another box.

it is not just about flashing the atmel
on the 4000 boxes
the actual software is held on a diff chip

Anyone want a swap lol ??????

BTW Thanks to davidH, savagebasher & Bammy for the help. It has not been a complete disater though at least I can now do the netid with a FC

TP is bloody cool too...

Will I be heading on a downward path if I tinker with a subbed box? expect I know the answer lol

So 2 x 4000N with CR1 available for swap for TW boxes (any offers please PM) will also consider sale :-( see http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64224

P.S Would a 'silver box' work under TW with TP???

P.P.S
davidh said:
it is not just about flashing the atmel
on the 4000 boxes
the actual software is held on a diff chip

Is it POSSIBLE at all....

Back