Help Sagem Dbox2

S

stari

i cant speak any german totaly new to this stuff well i got a dbox2 but on the screen it only says ((BETARESEARCH kein System)) can some one tell me is this box any good or is it rubish if its any good can someone give me some instruction on what to do with it i think i got most programs and some files to do with the dbox2 THANK YOU

You need to find if its 2x or 1x flash and re-flash it with the right image useing ifa, as its got the wrong image on it .

stari said:
i cant speak any german totaly new to this stuff well i got a dbox2 but on the screen it only says ((BETARESEARCH kein System)) can some one tell me is this box any good or is it rubish if its any good can someone give me some instruction on what to do with it i think i got most programs and some files to do with the dbox2 THANK YOU

You need to do some reading. Here are a few resources for you:

20 page guide - loads of info
Guide to get rid of 'kein system' error
IFA (Image Flashing Assistant) software

You basically need to find out how many chips you have (see the first document to find out how), and then flash the box with the correct image (either 1x or 2x depending on amount of chips on box) using IFA. The 2nd document will show you how to use IFA. The 3rd link is the IFA software itself.

its has got 1x chip m8 but i got the ifs is well but when i try to re flush the box dont do nothing at all the screen keep flashing and i get this in the dox boot

*** Achtung: RSH ist bei fast allen Linux-Images nicht konfiguriert/aktiviert!
*** RSH wird also nur funktionieren, falls ihr euren Linux-Kernel gepatcht habt

but i can not understand a damn thing there m8 would be gratefull if you can help please

The box don't boot up via network.
Read the IFA tut.

thanks m8 i found it and tryed what it says with no luck

Hi mate i'm a newbie and I dont know if this will help at all but the message below basically says:

"Attention: RSH is not configured/activated for nearly all Linux-Images!
RSH will therefore only function when you have patched you Linux-Kernel.

Achtung: RSH ist bei fast allen Linux-Images nicht konfiguriert/aktiviert!
*** RSH wird also nur funktionieren, falls ihr euren Linux-Kernel gepatcht habt

I hope this makes sense to someone who can help.:Cheers:

i m not shore if the debug is enabled m8 i got the box like this for a £5 on the car boot and some ppl told me it was flushed with wrong image i m totaly new to this so need help m8 if anyone can do it for me in derbyshire i will pay if not i know a lot about humax and nokia sat recivers but this is totaly new to me

it just says ((BETARESEARCH))

KEIN SYSTEM

and it keeps flushing m8

If you get such a lcd screen for 2 or 3 seconds debug mode is enabled.

liamcrayden said:
You need to do some reading. Here are a few resources for you:

20 page guide - loads of info
Guide to get rid of 'kein system' error
IFA (Image Flashing Assistant) software

You basically need to find out how many chips you have (see the first document to find out how), and then flash the box with the correct image (either 1x or 2x depending on amount of chips on box) using IFA. The 2nd document will show you how to use IFA. The 3rd link is the IFA software itself.
Many thanks for this, I had similar probelm with my Sagem, stuck on 'Loading Kernel' but sorted after following the above guide!

Cheers

Stari,

are you sure it is a dbox2 for cable ??

de_deej

it dont show the debug massage on the screen i had a look thanks m8

yes i m shore its not the dbox2 sat its a cables dbox2 m8

Enabled debug mode is the precondition for flashing.
Enable the debug mode. There is a tut in the dbox2 downloads section.

You can use a software called IM Translator to translate german to english if you ever need to read their instructions. The software is free and can be found on goole, its a online translator mate ok. Hope this helps in soome way

Back