HELP - removed Red Jumper on 4010 now it wont work!!!

M

martinmacca

Hi, i followed the guide on the vortex site to reset the PIN on the box which meant removing the red jumper. After replacing the jumper i've lost the Network ID and cant fix it. I've tried changing the Default Frequency from 643.000 to the correct one and pressing services to re-tune without any luck - When the box boots it says NIT Er12 then Er11 - PLEASE HELP

Last edited by a moderator:
martinmacca said:
Hi, i followed the guide on the vortex site to reset the PIN on the box which meant removing the red jumper. After replacing the jumper i've lost the Network ID and cant fix it. I've tried changing the Default Frequency from 643.000 to the correct one and pressing services to re-tune without any luck - When the box boots it says NIT Er12 then Er11 - PLEASE HELP

remove any splitters ect and connect the box directly to the main feed into the house. the netid will be lost when pulling the red jumper, but this box should reset its own netid.

I thought you had to set net id on a 4010 with Libby after pulling the jumper- Check you have the right Net id in eng menu.

Right i've removed the splitter and connected the box to the main feed
entered Default Frequency = 811.000
pressed services to re-tune
waited 2 mins
then rebooted
no luck
Am i doing this right ?
It wont let me enter the Network ID - its just *****

hi
4010 are auto setting if u r in pure *hell area.
it will go thru few loops of er11/12 then it should work ok

just leave it a while, so it gets the idea that it has to look for a new netid. eventually you should see nit appear on the led display. make sure you sym rate is correct for your area also.

Cheers Guys!!! Thanks for all the info - my box has now come back to life :banana:
Whoever wrote the vortex guide needs to put a warning message that the box gets completly reset in the tutorial on resetting the PIN ;)
Phew

Last edited by a moderator:
i had the same problem, pulled red jumper and the box had lost everything. my solution was to manually re insert the net id freq and hey preston it was back on in seconds

Back