Help re-scanning on a DBOX1

GaryM

Inactive User
Reaction score
Help re-scanning on a DBOX

A friend has a Nokia DBOX (not DBOX2) and has (obviously!) lost Sky Sports 1 and his movie channels amongst others.
I told him it would be a case of rescanning for channels but he said there wasn't an option for that so I had a look myself. I also can't see an option to perform a rescan.

Now, I know nothing about DBOX's so this is basic information. Neutrino was displayed on the LCD screen. Menu was titled 'Sportster menu' and info displayed upon boot-up was Cryogenic (or similar!) UK04 - I assume this is the image?

How does he perform a rescan or could something like this be locked out so he has to keep taking it back to the dealer who supplied it? He's done this now on two occasions at £20 a pop!

Last edited:
A friend has a Nokia DBOX (not DBOX2) and has (obviously!) lost Sky Sports 1 and his movie channels amongst others.
I told him it would be a case of rescanning for channels but he said there wasn't an option for that so I had a look myself. I also can't see an option to perform a rescan.

Now, I know nothing about DBOX's so this is basic information. Neutrino was displayed on the LCD screen. Menu was titled 'Sportster menu' and info displayed upon boot-up was Cryogenic (or similar!) UK04 - I assume this is the image?

How does he perform a rescan or could something like this be locked out so he has to keep taking it back to the dealer who supplied it? He's done this now on two occasions at £20 a pop!
hi
what i would do is reflash the box with a new image

has it got an option in the settings menu for user level it may be locked that way, it requires a pin to access it. dont ask me the pin i think there is a way to get it through tuxbox comander but im not sure how to do it someone with more knowledge will be able to help. or try the search button.
cheers johny48

I read the thread the same as you mate he's on about a dbox1 not dbox2 so i thought there a swine to reflash

I read the thread the same as you mate he's on about a dbox1 not dbox2 so i thought there a swine to reflash

oops thats what i get, going to do some research i did not know sportster did images for dbox 1

The last thing I want to do is re-flash just in case it all goes tits up and he's left looking at me in pity wondering what I'm going to do about it!
Service scanning is all I want to do with this box though I did recommend he upgrades to a Eurovox as all he wants to do is watch TV on his 26" 4:3 TV.

Is it definately a dbox1 m8? If so i'd stay clear if its a dbox2 flash a new image with ifa.

Right, I assumed it was a DBOX and not a DBOX2 as its said DBOX on the front. I've looked at various pictures and am now pretty certain its a DBOX2.

I'll have to have a look for IFA, assume its in the downloads? How is this used, a null modem cable?
Whats the best and latest stable image?

Many thanks indeed.

Definitely the second one (DBOX 2), I was thrown by the DBOX logo on the front (excuses, excuses)!!

before you flash check to see if its a 1x or 2x chip as for images dw image is good or try phils_confused, image but there are lots to choose from.
let us know how you get on
cheers johny48

Thanks Johny, firstly how can I tell if its a 1x or 2x chip and secondly what difference does it make?

hi
it will save you getting what they call kien system, just either look through the vents with a torch and see if you can see 1 or 2 Intel chips in side or open it up and have a look

if its a sportser image there might be some thing to tell you what it is if you press the blue button look for systinfo try that it some times tells you if its a 1 or 2 but chances are its a 2x nokia as there are not many 1x nokias going about
cheers johny48

Last edited:
Are there specific images for 1x and 2x chips?

Cheers Johny.

Last question as I'm having a go tonight, whats debug mode? From what I've read the box needs to be in debug mode? I assume it is as its already got an image on it.

Cheers Johny.

Last question as I'm having a go tonight, whats debug mode? From what I've read the box needs to be in debug mode? I assume it is as its already got an image on it.

yes m8
is already in debug no need to go through all that
its ok to flash with IFA with a new image hope you get on ok
cheers johny48

ah forgot about the keys in that image m8 try some other one

Back