Help Please!

kimigonzales

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys! I know this is off topic but the forums are all quiet apart from this one! :Jester:
Anyway, I have a motorola WR805G router and I was wondering if anyone could please tell me how to make it secure? i.e I do not want anyone in my area to use it as a wireless connection as it has a range of about 300m.
Is there anyway I can do this and if so, how?
I was told that I would be able to put a password on it or something but so far I have had no luck in finding anything.
The router is connected to my bro's PC and I use it for my laptop.
Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!
Thanks!
: spook :

kimigonzales said:
Hi guys! I know this is off topic but the forums are all quiet apart from this one! :Jester:
Anyway, I have a motorola WR805G router and I was wondering if anyone could please tell me how to make it secure? i.e I do not want anyone in my area to use it as a wireless connection as it has a range of about 300m.
Is there anyway I can do this and if so, how?
I was told that I would be able to put a password on it or something but so far I have had no luck in finding anything.
The router is connected to my bro's PC and I use it for my laptop.
Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!
Thanks!
: spook :

Set it up to accept only permitted mac addresses and setup 128bit password encryption

My dell router is supposed to have a range of upto 200m but I'd be lucky to get a range of 10m out of it! darn thing...

This is not only off topic it is in the wrong room.
will move it to networking

liamcrayden said:
My dell router is supposed to have a range of upto 200m but I'd be lucky to get a range of 10m out of it! darn thing...

If you live in a 2 storey house you could try installing it upstairs or ebay seems to sell a lot of larger ariels that extend the range (but make sure you get an aerial specific for your router - your aerial is probably 3db but you can get upto 12db aerials) or you try an extender cable (but the longer the cable the more the signal is dampend)

thanks for all the help guys!

it's much appreciated!

:Smokin:

:grab:

Back