help please

moz78

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi, i have a patched tm5400 and have never had to enter any keys until now. i am now only getting fta channels so could anyone explain what i need and how its done. Any help would be much appreciated.

Some packages aren't Auto updating so you will need to enter keys until a patch is found.

Sorry m8 just re read your post. You are only getting FTA and nothing else ?
I've got same box and i have to manually enter keys but i'm getting other stuff beside FTA. Have you tried Factory reset and installing original TM then the latest patch.

havnt tried anything yet m8, was getting other channels but they recently gone off. guy in shop said i would have to enter new keys every so often but not sure how its done

havnt tried anything yet m8, was getting other channels but they recently gone off. guy in shop said i would have to enter new keys every so often but not sure how its done

You can enter keys via the remote by pressing mute and exit on a channel from the package you want to clear or alternative load the softcam file through the keys tab on the TMloader.

Both latest keys and softcams can be found in this thread.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/178620/&page=4

Last edited by a moderator:
nice one m8, jus gotta do some more posts before i can download anything

tried manually entering keys but no joy. when i done this there was four lines of numbers and the keys could only fill two. could anyone help me please

could anyone tell me which loader i need to load the softcam and keys onto my tm5400, thanx

or any other handy hints for the 5400

im guessing i need the darkman 1000series loader but would be great if someone could confirm it for me as i dont want to total my reciever

use the tm1000/5000 series loader , connect reciever to pc via null modem cable , launch loader , click on keys tab on loader , browse for the softcam key folder on ur comp , then click ok , then click on connect and it should then transfer the keys to the stb , wait until finished , usuallyjust a few seconds

i dont have the same stb as u i have the tm1500 , but would imagine the principle is the same using the laoder , i use the 1.87 version of the loader

You can download the patch via the 1000 series loader or by usb in which case you do not need to use the loader.

cheers m8 much appreciated

sorry to be a pain, is the 1000 series more or less the same as the 5000

sorry, should read the other threads before asking

what do i have to do to be able to dowload then guys

are you using serial cable and pc or usb stick? either way, read the post above again from Dave_C which explains the pc method or put latest patch/softcam onto a usb stick and select usb menu on receiver

Last edited:
sorry i meant i cant dowload any files off this site

Back