help please sagem sat rx

everready

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,
I have 2 identical (ish serial numbers are the only difference) sagem 2xI rx's. I have flashed them both with the same null modem cable, xover cable flash image and laptop software.

The one works perfectly. the second is ok but after about 1 hr the sound deteriates as if it is losing some kinda lock. after a while the picture goes. Reboot and all is well again for a while.

Has anyone else had this? one other thing both are connected to a router and the one giving me trouble brodcasts its ip address to the router while the otherone is invisible. Is it possible that they have different bootloaders as I have images that are complete without a bootloader. where can I get differnt Boot loaders to load on top of the image? I have tried saving the bootloader from thre good m/c and loading it to the iffy m/c but it just says cant open mtd-device.

Any suggestions or help appreciated

Hi, this is the DOWNLOAD SECTION! please wait for the mod's to move the post to the correct section.

@everready
The bootloader boot up the image from the flash and after that the bootloaders job is done.
Try different settings/ucodes for your second box.

Thanks mgb. I am going through that process at the moment. settings started being exactly the same. However, there are obviously differences somewhere!

There are different hardware revisions on the market.
Not every sagem is equal to the other.

is there anyway of working out which revision you have. except for the 2xI obvious one.

If your boxes have different bootloader versions for instance the hardware revisions are different.
Try a different ucode version on your problem box.

have tried several versions.

Problem is its ok on clear channel and takes time to play up on scrambled channel. It's as if there is a memory problem associayed with a temporary log! have switched all logs I can find off.

anyway camd3 causes it to go problematic quicker than any other so i'll have to keep running diff ucodes and avia's

The problem seems to be associated with a risc crash and an avia routine when I look at the kernal messages.

For that crashes the avia watchdogs for restarting are made for.
Disable the GTX watchdog. You can also play with SPTS and HW sections in the settings.

Thanks mgb will try that.

has anyone written an english guide to the ENX settings etc. what they all mean. What is the delay for in avia.conf?

Back