help please lost files

swanny10

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all hope you can help

i have had a read through some threads and found a few prgroams to recover deleted data but i am not sure if it possible to recover files that have been overwritten not deleted. someone at work has lost 3 days of work by copying on old files and am looking to see if there is any possibility of recovering them?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

swanny

thanks mate i will give it a go tomorrow at work. heres hoping

I've had a lot of luck with onTrack EasyRecovery. I once formatted a drive with all mine and my missus' photos on it, onTrack (the recovery software we use at work) got 100% of the files back.

Hi all hope you can help

i have had a read through some threads and found a few prgroams to recover deleted data but i am not sure if it possible to recover files that have been overwritten not deleted. someone at work has lost 3 days of work by copying on old files and am looking to see if there is any possibility of recovering them?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

swanny

If it is overwritten on the disk then you have very little chance of getting anything back. I think in your case, if you are talking about a windows file replace then the good news is that that windows generally will have put the new file in a new location (if there was enough space on the disk) so there is some hope.

Main think is to STOP USING THE COMPUTER and making the potential damage worse.

Then take the disk out and mount it as a slave drive on another system. Then use something like onTrack EasyRecovery to scan the mounted drive for any recoverable files. Warning, it will take several hours to do the scan.

thanks for the info for the on track software i will give it a go although i do have my doubts it will be recoverable as the laptop has been used several times since the data was overwritten but its worth a try. thanks all.

swanny

Back