help please flashing ambit 250

do i still have to type in the command line minus an address or don't even bother with the command either

just this

Code:
cd \non
cd hal
cm_tuner 19
write
annex_a
write

no luck connecting m8, the part where you need to put change the mac address i have literally followed the tut to the letter...lol... and put in AA BB CC DD EE FF is this the problem? as i guess everyone using this tut would then have the same mac address....am i supposed to make one up for the modem?

no luck connecting m8, the part where you need to put change the mac address i have literally followed the tut to the letter...lol... and put in AA BB CC DD EE FF is this the problem? as i guess everyone using this tut would then have the same mac address....am i supposed to make one up for the modem?

AA:BB:CC:DD:EE:FF

you need a mac scanned from a few miles away from you in a different ubr m8 or request some in the mac trading sticky :)

start the telnet again
just copy and paste this to stop it
Code:
cd \cm_hal
scan_stop
cd \

then set this part on ur tut
Code:
write_memory -s 4 0x807e8b98 0x(put the 1 st 8 digits of the mac u gonna use)
write_memory -s 2 0x807e8b9c 0x(and the last 4 digits here)

then copy and past ethe whole thing on to hyper then pess enter

then copy and paste this command in
Code:
cd \non
write
cd \

then enter and just reboot and ur mac should be there no need to go through the thing again

Last edited:
thanks gentlex but i will have to wait until i get a mac address from somewhere
it might be quicker to take ur subbed to m8 a few miles with a live feed and do a scan for macs

Dont worry about that when you hacked the modem and put all your commands
in you dont have to use telnet again,
just use the configuration tool to put in a working mac and change annex a to annex b or even 3 (since your in an ntl area)

as long as your m8's on cable BB and is outside your ubr you can scan for macs
there ,any one will do since you can change the config file using the configuration
tool or as said before try the mac exchange thread

do i have to change the config file when i change the mac addy using n*l 250 config prog at the moment it keeps saying something like cm.bin

do i have to change the config file when i change the mac addy using n*l 250 config prog at the moment it keeps saying something like cm.bin
yea use this cmreg-ntlhm250-bund03.cm an u also need ur tftp server click on macs of that u found in dhcpforce until u see 1 with tftp server ip adress if ther none just right click on ur network card providing to modem and not through router go status then support then detail and u shuold see ur dhcp server ip address that also tftp server address

i have just used my brother in laws mac he is a few miles away but compatable, i have used n*l 250 configurator but still no connection to internet is there some other settings i should be putting in (see pic) i have tried annex a,b and 3. i am pure n*l

hi andy your modem is flashed and configured if it is locked , when u go into 192 and check mac address does it show the 1 u are using or onother 1 ?

i have just used my brother in laws mac he is a few miles away but compatable, i have used n*l 250 configurator but still no connection to internet is there some other settings i should be putting in (see pic) i have tried annex a,b and 3. i am pure n*l
m8 b is the 1 u need to use and r u sure that ur tftp server ip address just be sure put ur in dhcpforce and press discovered or right click on ur network card - status - support - details - dchp server ip address and also show us ur the connection status and software status pages of the modem minus ur hfc mac

m8 your config file and tftp server are wrong, try the config file that
gentlex told you to try ,and get the tftp settings the way he told you

m8 your config file and tftp server are wrong, try the config file that
gentlex told you to try ,and get the tftp settings the way he told you

done that m8 but no joy, meeting another member (john, posted above) tomorrow night and he is going to try it for me

Back