Help pace 4001 stuck in Tune-PAT cycle

iDDMonster

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

can anyone give me some advice. I have a PACE 4001n box which is stuck in a cycle. It stays on Tune for a few seconds then changes to PAT. Does this a few times and then reboots and starts again. Can't seem to stop it. It won't even allow me into the engineering menu

Any Ideas?

Thanks

iDDMonster said:
Hi
can anyone give me some advice. I have a PACE 4001n box which is stuck in a cycle. It stays on Tune for a few seconds then changes to PAT. Does this a few times and then reboots and starts again. Can't seem to stop it. It won't even allow me into the engineering menu
Any Ideas?
Thanks

Did it ever work or is it a box you have just acquired? Is your area updating to CR3.2? If there is an update going on in your area, from what I have experienced, you need a good quality cable feed to update properly, otherwise the update may fail. For me it failed when the cable signal strength was too high - I had to put an attenuator in to make it work. Also can you force an update and watch the info on the screen? This should lead you to the problem - i.e. look for errors / signal strength etc.

I only have experience with 1000 boxes, not 4001 so you will have to search for how to force a reset / update on your box.

splingepin001 said:
Did it ever work or is it a box you have just acquired? Is your area updating to CR3.2? If there is an update going on in your area, from what I have experienced, you need a good quality cable feed to update properly, otherwise the update may fail. For me it failed when the cable signal strength was too high - I had to put an attenuator in to make it work. Also can you force an update and watch the info on the screen? This should lead you to the problem - i.e. look for errors / signal strength etc.
I only have experience with 1000 boxes, not 4001 so you will have to search for how to force a reset / update on your box.

I have had the box for about 1.5 years without a problem. The CR3.2 update happened a few weeks ago without a hitch. I have been watching since.

iDDMonster said:
Hi

Any Ideas?

Thanks
i had this problem as well yesterday,

powered off for couple of hours.

then back on .... then "Pace" - "tune" - "Ntl" - went through loads of numbers and then displayed "ERRS" or "EAAS" (this was flashing for about 15 mins)

then started working ok.........

it is also possible for a faulty cable interface module to cause this.
as mentioned above fist thing is to pull the red jumper.
the inability to access the engineering menu will persist until you get the box to accept update data. also make sure you box is plugged directly into the main cable feed into your house no splitters at all.
from the time the box displays PAT in enters an update cycle. if you interrupt it or it fails to complete you will not be able to enter the eng menu.

TWOBEERCANS said:
the inability to access the engineering menu will persist until you get the box to accept update data. also make sure you box is plugged directly into the main cable feed into your house no splitters at all.
from the time the box displays PAT in enters an update cycle. if you interrupt it or it fails to complete you will not be able to enter the eng menu.

thanks for the info. I will try this later. I will let you know how i get on.

TWOBEERCANS said:

I have pulled the red jumper. what do I do next?

iDDMonster said:
I have pulled the red jumper. what do I do next?

can anyone help.

pulled the red jumper, but reading other post, it seems I need to know my netid. but I can't get into the engineering menu to do this as the dam thing is stuck on Tune - Pat - boot - ntl - tune - pat .

Can anyone give me some advise.

naijishi said:
the 4001 sets its own net id from what i remember
ok. i pulled the red jumper and switched the box back on. then what?
did not seem to make any difference.

switched the box back off, replaced the jumper
switched the box back on, now stuck between tune and pat. does not reboot every so often as before.

what is going on?

there is a can inside the box - it is the one your cable actually connects to. it is called a cim (cable interface module) you need to change it.

TWOBEERCANS said:
there is a can inside the box - it is the one your cable actually connects to. it is called a cim (cable interface module) you need to change it.

where can I get a replacement and how difficult is it to change?
any idea of cost?

thanks for the info. This prblem has been driving me crazy.

Back